Covid testing in Vancouver

abhb

I have been reading the boards and I am so confused.  We leave Ohio on June 22 to Vancouver.  We get on the Millennium on June 24.  What do I do do about getting tested?  Do I book at a pharmacy in Vancouver?  Are there supervised test that can be done virtually and where would I buy them?  Can I use a test I have and find someone to supervisor?   Please Help!!!

We can't do it before we leave for the airport because our flight is at 7:00 am 2 days before we board.  If we do it before we fly, it will be too early.  Can you please explain eMed proctored tests?  Where would I buy/sign up for that?

We have also done the eMed proctored tests.  We ordered them directly from the company.  

But in April we used the CVM testing site at the Vancouver airport.  We flew in to Vancouver the day before boarding so tested before heading to the Pan Pacific.  Our OP needs to goggle the testing sites in downtown Vancouver.  There are now more testing sites including one at the Fairmont hotel and I believe one at the Canada Place too.  Also email your hotel concierge to ask about testing sites near your Vancouver hotel.

52 minutes ago, abhb said:

We can't do it before we leave for the airport because our flight is at 7:00 am 2 days before we board.  If we do it before we fly, it will be too early. 

The requirement is to test within two calendar days of boarding, not 48 hours, but I can see that an 0700 flight makes testing beforehand difficult. In that case, I’d complete the eMed tests at your Vancouver hotel or follow the suggestions made by @Northern Aurora

1 hour ago, abhb said:

We can't do it before we leave for the airport because our flight is at 7:00 am 2 days before we board.  If we do it before we fly, it will be too early.  Can you please explain eMed proctored tests?  Where would I buy/sign up for that?

We have done that and just tested really early in the morning.  They are open 24 hours so you can take the test any time after midnight.  It also let’s you make sure before you leave that you do not have covid, instead of flying and finding out at your destination.

• Like 1

Lots of interesting info.  FYI you can use any government approved Covid test.  In the US they will mail you tests for free.

As for proctoring, simply go on line.  I found over 100 sites from $14.95 on up.  You do a video call that takes 15 minutes and they email you the required certificate. 

I have used Rapidtestandtrace.com who charges $20 and got their confirmation in under 20 minutes.

You do not need to have any specific test.

I do suggest bringing a couple extra tests with you so you can test on board if desired.

Another option if you don't have the Emed tests handy. For our cruise that ended on Saturday we purchaed FlowFlex tests at the Safeway in Ketchikan and booked proctored tests through www.azova.com. The Azova test was $20. Half our group did Emed and the other half did proctored through Azova. Super easy and painfree.

On the Azova website they list all the tests that they cover - lots of choices.

Edited by kentuckycruiser