Parking for Princess in UK

dessertime

Hi,

we're booked on Sky Princess in July and unfortunately CPS parking is full and they are not taking any more bookings.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we can park or with what other company?  We'll be travelling with young children so looking for the easiest possible option.

The ship is departing from Mayflower Pier - Berth 106, Western Docks Gate 10 and arriving at QE11 Terminal No.38/39, Eastern Docks, Gate 4.

Thanks so much 🙂

I have not used them personally but some use Penguin Parking. You park away from the port and get transferred in little mini buses (saw them there last week).

Another other option is booking a hotel that provides long term parking and transfers, I’m sure someone can recommend one they have used recently.

Some have also used West Quay. Please see information from Grapau27 below from a P&O board thread.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:49 PM,  indiana123 said: 

I think it was discussed that we can now park in the West Quay Multi Storey for a good rate and for the duration of our cruises.

Am I correct in thinking that?  If so do we just turn up and park the car or do we have to let them know or book?  Is it on any floor?

We parked at the West Quay multi storey car park 20-27 August 21.

We had 2 nights pre cruise and 1 night post cruise in the Premier Inn West Quay.

It cost us £35 for 7 nights parking.

The car park is locked at night.

I rang the car park management and they said lots of cruisers leave their cars there.

We parked on the ground floor but if I remember correctly I don't think you can park on the top floor but you just turn up and park with no booking required.

Graham.

We always use Parking4cruises, never had a problem. Drop luggage , drive to short stay car park, leave car, a few minutes walk back to terminal. Do in reverse when arrive back except we just take cases on trolley a few minutes walk.

Edited by amajaa

Thank you Graham, that's so helpful and just the kind of information I was looking for!

If anyone has used Penguin or can recommend a hotel that would be great. I have seen that Doubletree by Hilton is a popular choice, but it is fully booked for the dates we're travelling.

Thanks again, much appreciated 👍

That's fab, thanks amajaa. Will look into that option. When you say drop luggage, do you mean drive to the ship and drop it there? Also is it possible  to walk to the Mayflower and QE11 terminal from  the Parking4cruises car park and is it flat? I will have a pushchair and a toddler in tow! 

Thank you 🙂

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Eastleigh on their Cruise Package. This includes a room & breakfast, parking for up to 15 days & return taxi transfers. Would definitely recommend with a toddler in tow & differing cruise terminals. Have used this twice already this year, & the third is already booked for our upcoming July cruise 😁

7 hours ago, dessertime said:

That's fab, thanks amajaa. Will look into that option. When you say drop luggage, do you mean drive to the ship and drop it there? Also is it possible  to walk to the Mayflower and QE11 terminal from  the Parking4cruises car park and is it flat? I will have a pushchair and a toddler in tow! 

Thank you 🙂

Apologies to Amajaa for jumping in, but I’ve also been looking for information about P4C. From what I can see they meet you at the short stay car park and then they drive the car to their secure parking (I’ve seen a few posts that suggest approx 6 miles each-way) then you go back to their “meet & greet” area in short stay when you get back and they bring the car back there (please correct @amajaaif I’ve misunderstood). If you’re travelling with another adult I guess you could leave them at the terminal with child(ren) then it should be a 2min walk for you to go back to them. Personally my first thought with parking is how much hassle it will be when we get back… when we arrive at the terminal I’m too excited to be annoyed by too much hassle but after disembarkation it will really get me down! 

Thank you 🙂

You take it to the short stay car park for that terminal, so a few minutes walk for whatever terminal. You used to pull up at ship and the guys would take your luggage and put through hole in wall to go to ship. Since Covid I think some have said you have to take luggage to hole in wall yourself which you would have to do for whatever parking you decide to use. So just about 10 yards or so to leave luggage. Like CPS , Parking4cruises take your car to an off site secure parking and then bring back the day or day before cruise arrives back, so if you leave from one terminal and get back to another the car will be waiting at the correct terminal.  We left our dash cam on once so had video of car being driven to parking and then being driven back. 

Sometimes I get out at terminal and go through to get in queue or whatever while Husband takes car . 

Editing as just seen Martha1974s post, yes you are right about just needs driver to drop off car.
 When you disembark it isn’t a hassle to get to pick up car. If you were to use CPS you have to queue to get keys and then follow their directions to find your car amongst 100s of others so in some ways Parking4cruises is easier. 

Edited by amajaa
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Graham, that's so helpful and just the kind of information I was looking for!

If anyone has used Penguin or can recommend a hotel that would be great. I have seen that Doubletree by Hilton is a popular choice, but it is fully booked for the dates we're travelling.

Thanks again, much appreciated 👍

Hey, 

We used Penguin for our parking last week and couldn't fault them. Efficient and friendly in both directions. No hassle at all.

Wow, thanks everyone for your quick and informative replies, this is such useful information and had started to panic that we would be out of options!

Thanks for the update on Parking4cruises Martha1974 and amajaa, I have a much better feel for how it all works now as in the past have only used ABP parking so the dropping off the car etc is all new to us. It does sound like a great choice. Good to hear from someone that has used Penguin, thanks Devoncruiser82, really appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you too favouriteplaces, feel much more reassured to hear about your experience and I don't think I would have found that particular Holiday Inn and it would be a lovely relaxing start to the cruise!

Thank you so much everyone for posting, am feeling much more prepared now and really looking forward to our first Princess Crusie!!!