Question about NCL's process of verifying documents

thedogman67

3 hours ago, hallux said:

A good general guideline, but if your state has a vaccine passport app (such as my state with the Excelsior Pass), that can also be shown.  I made sure to show them exactly what it was and they accepted it.

A quick follow up.

Someone in my party lost there original cdc card and just has one that shows the booster (he was double vaccinated with pfizer, lost his card, and then went for the booster).

We live in NY and will be cruising out of NYC.

Are you saying he'll be good to go with his Excelsior Pass Plus that shows all 3 shots on it?

Should he print it or just show the app at the terminal?

TIA

Hello all. After unsuccessfully attempting to figure out how to reply to an individual I've decided to just post an update here for everyone. Unfortunately based on all the feedback I've received, I think I will be cancelling my upcoming cruise. Hopefully I can soon book another when I feel safe to do so. Thank you all for your responses and safe travels to anyone cruising soon! 🙂

6 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

shows all 3 shots on it?

Should he print it or just show the app at the terminal?

I lost my card (found it after the cruise). I contacted the county DOH where I live in NY. They supplied a printout of all three shots for me. I felt better about this than the Excelsior pass. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thedogman67 said:

Hello all. After unsuccessfully attempting to figure out how to reply to an individual I've decided to just post an update here for everyone. Unfortunately based on all the feedback I've received, I think I will be cancelling my upcoming cruise. Hopefully I can soon book another when I feel safe to do so. Thank you all for your responses and safe travels to anyone cruising soon! 🙂

Based on your trepidation, this sounds like a good decision. When you do cruise, enjoy! 

many have shared privacy concerns related to the excelsior pass and the underlying architecture of the app. for that reason, i recommend "clear." the clear app is  normally a paid service that eases the way for TSA access at airports and provides expedited entry to certain entertainment venues, but i believe anybody can use it to store personalized covid vax data, at no charge.

9 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Just telling what they asked of me on my last NLC cruise.  That said, it was last September/October.

Just looked it up for my upcoming cruise in July.  They do accept digital proof.  I’ll assume that means an email from the test administrator from one of the proctored “tele-testers”.

This is what NCL sent me for “tele-testers”.  They check…

1.  Name on the test matches the Passport

2.  Result is identified plainly as “negative”

3.  Test is PCR or Antigen

4.  Provider, laboratory, date of test, healthcare provider’s Platform and their certification ID

Not just the proctored 'tele-testers'...I have never used one of those.  I go to a local health care provider that does PCR testing (free of charge) and for my last 3 cruises (Bliss in November, Escape in February and RCL last week), I have just shown them my negative results email on my phone (I do a screen shot of it).  I also have my boarding passes screen shot and use those...no paper at all. I do carry my original passport and vaccine card, though I have photos of them on my phone also, just in case.

Sorry that the OP is still not yet comfortable on a cruise.  To all others, enjoy your cruise!

8 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Not just the proctored 'tele-testers'...I have never used one of those.  I go to a local health care provider that does PCR testing (free of charge) and for my last 3 cruises (Bliss in November, Escape in February and RCL last week), I have just shown them my negative results email on my phone (I do a screen shot of it).  I also have my boarding passes screen shot and use those...no paper at all. I do carry my original passport and vaccine card, though I have photos of them on my phone also, just in case.

Sorry that the OP is still not yet comfortable on a cruise.  To all others, enjoy your cruise!

I don’t do the proctored COVID tests, either.  My Dr’s office does a PCR test which I get results in about 12 hours.  But, when I last sailed to Alaska on Royal a few months ago, I had to go to my nearby Walgreens for a drive through Antigen test because of timing.  Neither have ever charged me.

Maybe I’m paranoid, but I like to have hard copies of all the paperwork I need.  I start thinking of all the things that could happen to my phone (battery runs low, drop it and it won’t boot up, leave it somewhere, it drops out of my pocket, someone steals it).  So, in addition to not having the phone, I can’t embark on the ship….Double Whammy!  Is it likely any of that would happen?  Well, I have had my phone stolen, have dropped it so the screen broke and was illegible, and ran out of battery (usually at the most inopportune time) because I forgot to charge it the night before.

Likely?  No.  Has it happened to me before?  Oh, Yeah!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Maybe I’m paranoid, but I like to have hard copies of all the paperwork I need.  I start thinking of all the things that could happen to my phone (battery runs low, drop it and it won’t boot up, leave it somewhere, it drops out of my pocket, someone steals it).

I also bring my tablet with me.  When I cruised in March I had all my boarding pass saved to a Google Drive folder that I then made available offline on both my phone and tablet.  There was (thankfully) good WiFi in the embarkation hall as cell signal inside was poor and the Navica app was acting up due to poor signal quality.  There was a line and I was able to sort it out by the time it was my turn.  I could have gotten on the ship using either my phone or tablet.

For future trips I'm going to start saving more documents to a folder and make them available offline, just in case there's a connectivity issue.

• Like 2