Are they worth it?

For me, no cabana is worth it but I rather spend money on other things. The included chairs around the pool under the palm trees were nice. In my honest opinion, if I wanted to sit kind of inside and have drinks served to me, I would just stay on the ship where they are already paid for.

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor

Some people enjoy them, rather expensive when you have shaded areas around. Me personally, I would save the money for a deposit on another cruise.

I would ask this in the Amber Cove page, unless it gets moved there anyway. I know you're asking if the hilltop ones are worth it, not if a cabana in general is worth it. So maybe some people on that page will be able to offer an opinion. We've never been to the cabanas there. We went to Amber Cove about 6 years ago, or whenever it first opened. We were diverted from another port, so AC wasn't even fully opened yet. We just did a last minute decision for a day pass a resort right there. This time we did decide to try a poolside cabana. For the 6 of us (3 couples, possibly one more joining us), it's a nice deal. Yeah, we know it doesn't included cocktails, but not many of us drink anyway. The best deal for that, off the ship, is Mr. Sanchos's in Cozumel. LOL!

We were there in March and went to the VIP area, $75. It gave us 2 chairs with cushions, umbrella, pool floats, and personal server for the area that brought drinks and food. (Additional $ of course) It was a roped off area right up front in the pool. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. We were there first thing so got our pick of chairs.