Single supplement

AK Dreaming

I fully understand that no one can know this for sure, so I do not need to be told that 100 times, but I am wondering in anyone's personal experience how close to the cruise it the single supplement reduced?  I'm sure it has to do with the bookings, but was wondering if anyone noticed a trend?

• Like 1

I’d love to tell you there was a describable pattern because I’d want to utilize it myself…but I’m honestly not sure there is one. I booked a cruise on the getaway for August back in April with almost 0% single supplement. Then I see others leaving sooner with full supplements required. If anything, it’s probably a safe bet that you could find supplement reductions on sailings that are closest to the date of departure, but that isn’t ALWAYS the case.

Cruiseplum.com has a FANTASTIC database where they follow cruises with supplement reductions. Gotten me many a good deal. https://www.cruiseplum.com/solo-supplement-deals

Hope this was able to help!

Edited by Elsammo46
  • Like 2

Last summer it was about 4 months out - my pcc (no longer have her) used to send me a list when I asked. But a lot of 2022 cruises, through October anyway, have had a reduced supplement since earlier this year.

54 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

If anything, it’s probably a safe bet that you could find supplement reductions on sailings that are closest to the date of departure, but that isn’t ALWAYS the case.

I agree with this.  It is a general pattern but not a guaranteed rule.  I've got my eye on an Alaska cruise out of Seattle in July but I'm willing to wait till one week before the cruise to press the button if the price for a solo balcony is the right price.  If it doesn't hit my threshold,  I just won't go.  The more flexible you can be, the better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

I fully understand that no one can know this for sure, so I do not need to be told that 100 times, but I am wondering in anyone's personal experience how close to the cruise it the single supplement reduced?  I'm sure it has to do with the bookings, but was wondering if anyone noticed a trend?

Hi!  I booked a cruise on the Bliss in March 2022.   Booked it exactly three weeks out and there was no single supplement.  I paid $800 as a solo in a balcony cabin!!!!  The price was so good I booked a B2B.

6 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

I have waited as close to 10-14 days out a couple of times and seen the supplement drop that late. I book my fully cancel-able hotel and no fee change/cancel airfare a few months prior and then just wait.  It's hard sometimes but so far the gamble has paid off for me multiple times. I can get a balcony with all the perks for the same price as a Sailaway inside a few months prior (and on the Escape, did an upgrade bid 3 days later to a Spa Balcony for $100).

• Like 2