If you have access to a Kennedy Space Center tour

A favor please?   

We booked a tour through RCCL and i could swear it was "transportation only".  $84 pp.

If you have access to this tour now, would you mind screenshot-ing the description for me? Or steer me towards where I can look at descriptions of tours?

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If you have it booked, it should show up in your planner. 

It's already done...we went 5.31. I just wanted to see the description because there was a misunderstanding about what was included   

When I sailed on Anthem in 2018 I believe there were TWO options initially - KSC TOUR and KSC Visitor's Center.  The Visitor's Center was transportation-only, and I think the tour option was cancelled as that was a Space-X launch day but would have otherwise been a tour of the facilities closer to the launch site(s).  The one @XJokerX posted looks like what we took, though our time was VERY limited by heavy traffic and long lines due to there being a launch that day AND it being Spring Break week for Northeast schools (hence why I was on the cruise).

Edit to add - the Visitor's Center one is very much self-guided, you're dropped off and lead through the gate by a staff member from the bus then you're left on your own until it's time to go back to the ship.

Edited by hallux

34 minutes ago, hallux said:

When I sailed on Anthem in 2018 I believe there were TWO options initially - KSC TOUR and KSC Visitor's Center.  The Visitor's Center was transportation-only, and I think the tour option was cancelled as that was a Space-X launch day but would have otherwise been a tour of the facilities closer to the launch site(s).  The one @XJokerX posted looks like what we took, though our time was VERY limited by heavy traffic and long lines due to there being a launch that day AND it being Spring Break week for Northeast schools (hence why I was on the cruise).

Edit to add - the Visitor's Center one is very much self-guided, you're dropped off and lead through the gate by a staff member from the bus then you're left on your own until it's time to go back to the ship.

So here's the thing....

I could swear it said it was transportation only so I bought tickets to get in. Then, we were handed tickets on the bus.

I'm not complaining that tickets were included but I only bought non refundable tickets to KSC because I thought I had to.  

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

So here's the thing....

I could swear it said it was transportation only so I bought tickets to get in. Then, we were handed tickets on the bus.

I'm not complaining that tickets were included but I only bought non refundable tickets to KSC because I thought I had to.  

Funny you mention this because I did the transportation only option this past May on Oasis and it did NOT mention that admission was included.  I assumed, based on the price, that admission was included (since $84 seemed steep for transportation only).  I happened to be correct but for sure, it didn't mention anything about admission being included.

36 minutes ago, nu_cruzer1 said:

Funny you mention this because I did the transportation only option this past May on Oasis and it did NOT mention that admission was included.  I assumed, based on the price, that admission was included (since $84 seemed steep for transportation only).  I happened to be correct but for sure, it didn't mention anything about admission being included.

See and I paid $84 but felt kind of stuck.  Bought tickets,  and they gave us tickets.  I threw myself on the mercy of KSC for a refund.

At least now I know I'm not crazy.  

Edited by sadiwest

29 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

See and I paid $84 but felt kind of stuck.  Bought tickets,  and they gave us tickets.  I threw myself on the mercy of KSC for a refund.

At least now I know I'm not crazy.  

Nope, you’re definitely not. Too bad I didn’t keep the description.  They really should update the description to include this very important piece of information. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Were they able to accomodate?

It seems so. I'm waiting. They offered me to extend the validation date for 6 months but we're not going to Florida anytime soon. 

I'd even be willing to "donate " the money but we also spent a significant amount of money there. Lol 

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

but we're not going to Florida anytime soon. 

are the tickets transferrable?  Maybe sell them at a slight discount from face value to recover most of your outlay?

13 hours ago, hallux said:

are the tickets transferrable?  Maybe sell them at a slight discount from face value to recover most of your outlay?

I thought about it but I don't know anyone personally who is going and people are, understandably,  leery of buying from strangers.