Canada Sailings on Cunard: ArriveCAN

njguy_south

5 hours ago, snoodqueen said:

What a crock!  No one is 'arrested' and quarantined.  You could possibly be denied entry into Canada or ASKED to quarantine if you cannot/will not complete the ArriveCan but Canada does not arrest you.  

Thanks for calling my statement a crock. I dialed the Canadian number for arriveCan (1-833-283-7403), and when I asked what would happen if I arrived and had not completed the app., that is what I was told. Thank you for calling me a lier and full of crap!!!!

16 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Thanks for calling my statement a crock. I dialed the Canadian number for arriveCan (1-833-283-7403), and when I asked what would happen if I arrived and had not completed the app., that is what I was told. Thank you for calling me a lier and full of crap!!!!

I work at the airport with CBSA and no one is arrested for having a problem with the app.  It's quite common when people arrive at the port or airport to not be able to complete the information required.  Apps don't always work the way they should.  You would only be pulled aside if you simply refused to do it.  Even then you would simply be denied entry.   If someone really told you that then they are using unnecessary scare tactics.  I'd call back and see what another call centre person told you.  These aren't CBSA officers answering the phones.

• Like 2

And, anyway, there is all the difference in the world between for instance 'are liable to be put in goal', 'are likely to be put in goal', and 'the maximium penalty is to be put in goal'. The last suggests it may not actually happen.

QE staff on Q218N checked that all passengers had an ArriveCan clearance several days before returning to Canada. The checks were done deck by deck and, unhappily, it was a two step process. In the first step we showed our documents or electronic clearance to a crew member who checked us off. Having done that, I turned to leave but my wife noticed there was a second step in which you had to tap your room card to record that you had been there. It seems that quite a few people missed this step and the crew did nothing about it. When we got to Victoria, before 9 am, Canadian Border Sevices came on board and would not let anyone leave the ship until they could be assured that all the clearances had been checked. Passengers who thought they had already showed their documentation were called back to show it again. The first passengers went ashore at about 10:20.

I hope that QE staff can learn from this mistake and alter their procedure.  

• Like 1