I need reassurance please

babs135

How close is Iona to sailing at full capacity now? I see a number of people who were worried about the bigger ships being won over by Iona by the greater choice etc... but were these representative of a true cruise under normal numbers as that is probably the biggest worry for many of us deliberating about moving up to a bigger ship. I think we would all like to have the best dining and entertainment options etc... but the bigger the ships the more likelihood of bottlenecks in popular places.

I haven't sailed on Iona yet - will give it a try because you only know yourself once you have tried for yourself - but I did a sailcation on Britannia (half full) and it was lovely but then again on Britannia in April when it was about 80-85% full (with some Covid restrictions for no sitting at bars etc..) and people were getting very annoyed at not being able to access the Vista lounge due to no room and other areas showed congestion. This is my biggest concern and I am worried with Iona that we have not had "real" (I apologise for the bad choice of that word but have struggled for a better one)  reviews yet as it has never sailed under full capacity and normal post-covid conditions.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Ardennais said:

It’s all very well saying that people haven’t ‘reset’ their expectations,  but I can’t see that P&O (and probably other cruiselines too)  have actually ‘reset’ their marketing either. They still promise the same as before so you can hardly blame people for having the same expectations! It works both ways. 
Personally, I think that we have to be realistic and accept that there will be changes. 
You’re spot on with your assessment of P&Os poor communications. I just wish someone in head office would go through the website carefully and just consider things from the customer’s perspective. Same goes for the Geiranger situation - can’t head office see how awful it is to expect people now to pay for the transfer there? Or even honour the current Mt Dalsnibba price instead of nearly doubling it? 

Very good points made there - P&O are marketing some sort of luxury cruise experience, which it would very much once have been.  But it's not now.   It's OK, but certainly not in line with the marketing.

"Chic accommodation
Enjoy the comfort of a luxury hotel, complete with all the trimmings. From a quiet space to lay your head, to something a little more indulgent, everyone has their own style. We've got a range of accommodation to suit all travellers."

Really?

• Like 1