Covid test uk

rdt123

2 hours ago, alibabaxx said:

Who was that with? Did they watch each one of you do a test and drop the fluid onto the test strip? Do you then show it them online to get the certificate?

We used Medicspot. The Zoom call had me and my husband both on camera at the same time, but the woman observing us was also watching at least another 4 people at the same time as us. We could hear her talking to them and giving instructions.

We swabbed our noses, wiggled the swab in the epindorph tube then put the drops on the test strip. We then started a 15 minute timer. After 15 mins we took a photo of the test strip and emailed it to them. 
After about 10 mins we had an email from them with the “fit to fly” certificate attached. The certificate is “signed” by a doctor, but we never saw her/him. 

To be honest, it was a lot more relaxed than I had expected! I had been fretting about it for days, if not weeks before. It was fairly easy and I will definitely go with Medicspot for my next test, probably in August this year.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, alibabaxx said:

did you get money back of FCC?

Making the claim with Staysure has been a nightmare and is still not yet sorted out. It took five attempts to upload the supporting documentation before they acknowledged that they had received it. That was two digital attempts, two attempts involving their staff who promised to attached the stuff to our claim but failed to do so, before the fifth submission (digital) appears to have worked)

I think that, when the time comes to renew our insurance, in September, we'll be looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alibabaxx said:

Seems like cruises are dropping the testing requirements now from Europe 🙂 

Yeah, I saw that.

unfortunately our cruise in October goes from Piraeus and they still want a negative test prior to boarding! Maybe by then they will have changed their minds? 🤞 

On 7/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, Kristal Blade said:

Yeah, I saw that.

unfortunately our cruise in October goes from Piraeus and they still want a negative test prior to boarding! Maybe by then they will have changed their minds? 🤞 

ah yes for Greece still so.  Maybe ... it's a few months off yet 

Hi

A lot of good information , but still a bit confused sailing from San Juan Puerto Rico on Sat 3/12 flying out from Glasgow on 01/12.

Contacted Celebrity Customer Services saying we could test 3 days before the cruise which means we could test the day before flying we are fully vaccinated and have the boosters.

But looking at USA web site it appears we would need to test 2 days before the cruise. The start  day would be  on our flying day that leaves us a big problem . we need to test at Heathrow with 1 hr 30 min , transfer at same terminal  or then  on to Miami with 4 hrs transfer wait ,  try and get test there or purchase a kit in UK and take it with us .

I would like to test in UK but don't think Cruise Lines information was correct.

We are not great tech users re Zoom calls etc .