Mark’s Tours and the Blue Hole

3StarfishKids

Last week we were on the MSC Seashore with a stop in Ocho Rios. I always look for a local tour and found Mark’s Tours either here or on trip advisor. Anyhow, I found him on FB and contacted him via FB messenger at first and he asked me to email him. Mark picks you up at the port and takes you wherever you want to go. We initially wanted to go to Dunn’s River Falls, and I said we wanted to see a little of the area, try some local food and get souvenirs. 
He suggested a few places to check out and to let him know. One of the places he suggested was the Blue Hole and after watching videos he sent, we were sold. Mark took us (air conditioned minibus) and another family to the Blue Hole and set us up with guides. The other family elected to be dropped off at the beach after the Blue Hole, so then Mark took us to a restaurant that served jerk chicken (excellent!) and to a shopping center for cheesy souvenirs and Jamaican rum. He even brought some fresh mangoes from his tree for us. He’s very personable and accommodating and we would definitely use Mark again for a tour or recommend him to anyone going to Ocho Rios.

The Blue Hole was unlike anything we’ve ever experienced! The kids (ages 11, 11, 13) had a blast jumping off the high jump, and dropping from the swings into the water. There’s lots of climbing involved and some swimming. It’s really so gorgeous. They have life jackets available and even if you’re a decent swimmer, I’d probably take one just because the currents can be pretty swift and it’s deep in a lot of places. I didn’t take one and I wished I had because by the end I was pretty tired- it would have been nice to float to the side vs having to work for it. Everyone needs water shoes for sure and I’d definitely bring a waterproof phone case. Our guide took photos and video with my phone and got some of the most amazing shots, all while directing us where to go, making sure we stayed safe, and had a great time. 

For just transportation with Marks Tours, it was $25 per adult and $20 per child. The Blue Hole was an additional $20/pp and we also tipped our guides at the Blue Hole and Mark bc they were amazing. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, Mark's Tours is still in business.  We were one of the first after Jamaica reopened in March.  We chose not to go to the Blue Hole (not sure if it was open to tourists yet), but I can vouch for Mark and assure that he will give you an excellent tour, tailored to your desires.  He is very knowledgeable about the island.  It was a sad story on March 28, Covid had put most of the tour operators out of business, and the rest (includng Mark) were just barely making it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, Chalker Guy said:

Yes, Mark's Tours is still in business.  We were one of the first after Jamaica reopened in March.  We chose not to go to the Blue Hole (not sure if it was open to tourists yet), but I can vouch for Mark and assure that he will give you an excellent tour, tailored to your desires.  He is very knowledgeable about the island.  It was a sad story on March 28, Covid had put most of the tour operators out of business, and the rest (includng Mark) were just barely making it.

How about contact info for Mark?

Mark is the best!  We have used his services several times. I have kept in touch with him over the years. I would highly recommend his tours. Below is his contact information. 

marcogm2650@gmail.com or marcogm1@yahoo.com 

Edited by Ttye

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this helpful information on Mark’s Tours.  I checked out his Trip Advisor and Facebook info.  We are going in November and will contact him now.  My only concern is there are only 4 of us, so don’t know if he will take that small of a group…or it may be two of us.  😎

• 1 month later...

We spent a wonderful day in Jamaica with Mark’s wife showing us around the island and several hours at the Blue Hole.   She gave us lots of information on the island and answered all the questions our family had.  

At the Blue Hole, she hooked us up with a great guy that was a our personal guide through all the jumps at the Blue Hole.  

We felt safe on the island and wouldn’t hesitate to book again with Mark’s Tours!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We booked with Mark for our January cruise.  I emailed him and he responded quickly.  We had a group of 12 and wanted to go to the Blue Hole.  After setting up the tour, he kept in touch through email which made me feel secure.  We met him when we got off the ship and he took us to the Blue Hole in a very nice, comfortable air conditioned van.  Along the way he told us about his country, he was very friendly and knowledgeable.   At the Blue Hole we had our own guide that took us to the different water falls and pools of water.   The younger members of our group had a great time jumping into the water from rocks and off rope swings.   The older members enjoyed watching and swimming in the calmer waters that surrounded the rapids.    After leaving the Blue Hole Mark took us to a local outside restaurant for lunch.  The food, people and atmosphere was great.   He then brought us back to our ship in plenty of time to do some shopping.  It was an awesome day!   I would highly recommend Marks Tours when you are looking for something to do in Jamacia.     

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

In January we had the pleasure of Mark showing us Jamaica.   He met us at the cruise ship dock as was arranged.   The time we spent with Mark was very interesting.   Hopefully we will be visiting Jamaica again and will book with Marks Tours again.