Salt scrub at the spa

NDIrishO3

I have a salt scrub booked at the spa next week (on Carnival).  This sounds dumb, but the thing that makes me most nervous about spa treatments is not knowing what to do or wear.  If you have had one, can you talk me through what it will be like - what do I wear, do they give me a robe, do I leave undergarments on, am I on a table with a sheet like a massage, etc?  I do know they will try to sell me products afterwards so I’m prepared for that LOL.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Just wear regular clothing TO the spa, for a salt scrub, I would go completely naked because otherwise the oils will stain your undergarments.  There will always be a sheet for modesty, that will be draped over whatever area of your body they are not working on.  They do not provide a robe.  WORDS OF ADVICE, before they lay a hand on you, tell them you are not interested in purchasing any products (unless you are?) but you realize they will give you a card of the products they used on you) to avoid the hard sell post-treatment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had the scrub with massage three times. Each time they have given me a pair of disposable undies to put on. You lay on your back the entire time for the scrub and the only awkward moment is when they ask you to sit up to do your back. Because it that point you are exposed on the top. Make sure you have something to keep your hair up and off your neck and back. After the scrub you take a shower and lay back down for the massage. If you get unlucky like I did once and there is not a shower in your treatment room, you will be provided a robe to get to the shower and back. I have terrible dry bumpy skin and I have to say the treatment makes my skin softer than I have ever felt it. The first time I was given a hard sell after the treatment. They used the info I filled out when I arrived for the treatment to sell me on products that could solve my muscle aches, stress etc.  The last 2 times I was not given a hard sell but I also left out all that info on my form those times. One thing I did notice that confused the hell out of me was the way they bill for it. I book pre-cruise and pay with a credit card when I book. When I was done I was given a receipt that included the massage, the gratuity and the option to add additional gratuities to sign. On my sail and sign account the original amount paid by credit card was credited to my sail and sign account and the new amount with gratuities was charged. It can be confusing when you see it.

Hope you enjoy the treatment!  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, iriecruising said:

I have had the scrub with massage three times. Each time they have given me a pair of disposable undies to put on. You lay on your back the entire time for the scrub and the only awkward moment is when they ask you to sit up to do your back. Because it that point you are exposed on the top. Make sure you have something to keep your hair up and off your neck and back. After the scrub you take a shower and lay back down for the massage. If you get unlucky like I did once and there is not a shower in your treatment room, you will be provided a robe to get to the shower and back. I have terrible dry bumpy skin and I have to say the treatment makes my skin softer than I have ever felt it. The first time I was given a hard sell after the treatment. They used the info I filled out when I arrived for the treatment to sell me on products that could solve my muscle aches, stress etc.  The last 2 times I was not given a hard sell but I also left out all that info on my form those times. One thing I did notice that confused the hell out of me was the way they bill for it. I book pre-cruise and pay with a credit card when I book. When I was done I was given a receipt that included the massage, the gratuity and the option to add additional gratuities to sign. On my sail and sign account the original amount paid by credit card was credited to my sail and sign account and the new amount with gratuities was charged. It can be confusing when you see it.

all of this, but the only thing I will say is that you don't have too use the disposable panties (at least I didn't)   I am fluffy and they do not fit me and are very uncomfortable.  Also the flipping over portion every time I have gotten a massage the tech was very careful to help me keep the sheet in place to cover everything while I turned over. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

Best to do the salt scrub early in the cruise, before any sun burn!

Ha yes I purposely booked it for the first full day for that exact reason!  I’m a former lifeguard who has spent probably YEARS outside if you add it all together, but that Caribbean sun is brutal on my Ohio skin and blonde hair.  We are leaving out of NYC so maybe a little bit of northern sun at the beginning will help me ease into it, unlike my last cruise years ago out of Ft. Lauderdale that just dove right in!

4 hours ago, iriecruising said:

Thank you so much!!  That is exactly the info I was looking for.  I really appreciate it!  Thanks for the payment heads up as well - I prepaid so now I know not to worry if I see it on my sign and sail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firedisney97 said:

all of this, but the only thing I will say is that you don't have too use the disposable panties (at least I didn't)   I am fluffy and they do not fit me and are very uncomfortable.  

Oh that’s good to know.  I’m on the bigger side as well - I enjoy working out, I run and do triathlons, but you would never know it looking at me LOL.  That’s definitely helpful to know not to stress if they don’t fit.  Thank you!