TUI river cruise / wine

nigkar

Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to take your own wine on a river cruise, for consumption  in your cabin.

They did have an offer on, to purchase wine from them, to consume in your cabin.

But I have recently discovered this offer only lasted 14 days, and now I have missed it.

I don’t know how I’m supposed to know this, as there was no mention of the time limit on the email sent to me concerning the offer.

So anyone wishing to purchase wine for the cabin on a TUI river cruise, should book it right away 

I can't respond for TUI, but as far as I know the major lines that cater to the English speaking market all allow you to bring your own wine on board to consume in your cabin. There is generally a corkage fee in order to drink it in the lounge.

I don't know about TUI but to add to @gnome12 there's no corkage charge on Viking and they are happy to open your bottles and pour your wine in the restaurant or loan you glasses if you want to consume in your room.

There are now a great number of cruising companies following the same routes and they have different prices, so what is included in that price is the point of difference

As far as I know, bags are not examined when you board TUI so I cannot see why you shouldn't bring in wine in your bags, and bought in towns and wineries along your route

The river ports do not have the infrastructure in place to run carry-ons through x-ray scanners.

(Neither here nor there, but we were on an ocean cruise that overnighted in Tianjin (the port) closest to Peking.  The cruise line used the port's security scanners that were set up BEFORE the duty-free shops. The "spirits" shop ran almost out of inventory.  

Well it doesn’t matter to me anymore, easyJet have cancelled the flight.

This being a rescheduled cruise from the one cancelled by TUI in October.

Thanks for all the information though.

Maybe 2023.