Veterans OBC

Oakman58

11 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Usually, when booking on line, the military OBC shows up automatically

I have read some people have had issues that they have to apply every cruise they take.

This is how it went yesterday. After being on hold for 30 minutes I was finally connected to Customer Support. I was on the phone with her for 20 minutes and then she said she would have to transfer me to Customer Solutions. I thought I would be connected immediately but no, I was on hold for another 60 minutes. The Customer Solutions lady told me I qualified but wanted to find out why the OBC wasn’t automatically applied. After another 20 minutes with her she told me she was applying the credit to my cruise but was still looking into why the credit wasn’t automatically applied. I thanked her and we hung up. 

I received a booking confirmation in an email almost immediately and it showed the Veterans Credit. I’m not overly confident that the credit will be automatically applied on any future cruise so we shall see. Regardless I really appreciate that Princess recognizes veterans with an OBC. 

Hopefully the shareholders credit can be combined with the veterans credit and if so, I will end up with a $600 OBC for my 16 day Hawaiian cruise in January. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 4:43 AM, Oakman58 said:

I was under the impression that the veterans benefit of OBC was automatically applied to your cruise.  I booked a cruise on the Diamond Princess a month ago and the OBC still doesn’t show up on my cruise summary.  And yes, my military status was verified and approved.  How long does it normally take for the OBC to show on the cruise summary?

It, the Veteran's Benefit, is linked to your Captain's Circle number. If you scheduled your cruise through a travel agent and the agent did not add your CC number to your cruise info, then that might be the reason you didn't get credited with the benefit. 

Tom

• Like 1