Airfare with Cunard

Belle1990

First time on Cunard. We sail July 8. I get into my flight info on the site. Nothing about getting seats. I used the code Cunard provides to check the flights with the airlines. The code is useless. Is this typical? I want to select my seats. Thank you

You will almost certainly need to book your flight seat via the airline website. 
The carriers have different regulations on when you can book seats, and could be affected by ticket grade.

We have always be given separate airline documentation from Cunard, with code needed to do this. If you are travelling BA, you will not be able to reserve a seat until 24 hours before flight departure without paying a considerable sum, unless you are a very frequent traveller: Virgin (pre COVID) used to have the ability to choose seats as did American. 

1 hour ago, LadyL1 said:

You will almost certainly need to book your flight seat via the airline website. 
The carriers have different regulations on when you can book seats, and could be affected by ticket grade.

We have always be given separate airline documentation from Cunard, with code needed to do this. If you are travelling BA, you will not be able to reserve a seat until 24 hours before flight departure without paying a considerable sum, unless you are a very frequent traveller: Virgin (pre COVID) used to have the ability to choose seats as did American. 

Although the airfare is packaged in with the cruise, we pay for the airfare as soon as the flight schedules are released or if later, when we book.  We learnt early on if we leave it even a few months before flying, the best. seats have already been booked out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Although the airfare is packaged in with the cruise, we pay for the airfare as soon as the flight schedules are released or if later, when we book.  We learnt early on if we leave it even a few months before flying, the best. seats have already been booked out.

This is important - the airlines generally will not assign seats until the airfare is paid   .  

15 hours ago, Belle1990 said:

First time on Cunard. We sail July 8. I get into my flight info on the site. Nothing about getting seats. I used the code Cunard provides to check the flights with the airlines. The code is useless. Is this typical? I want to select my seats. Thank you

Not sure what that code is, but to check the flights and, on many but not all airlines, make seat assignments, you will need the airline record locator number, which may or may not be the same as the code given to you.

If you were given the airline record locator, but the flight is a code-share, (e.g., listed as a Delta flight number but the operating carrier is KLM), you will need the record locator from the operating carrier (KLM in my example), which is rarely the same on both airlines.

Some airlines either will not allow advance seat selection or will require additional fees to select seats. Very few (if any) will allow seat selection before the ticket is actually purchased.