Latest time to disembark Reflection at Civitavecchia ?

barneymag

2 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

I would agree, we have had many flights from fumancino. Most flights at 12.15 onwards with private transfer from the ship with Rome Cabs  at 7.00 am with very little time to spare at the airport. No time to eat drink or shop. This was in ‘normal’ times so goodness knows what it’s like now. It’s a very busy airport. 

Thanks, everything is paid for so I can’t really change the flights anymore. This was what FBC booked me on. Too bad they didn’t book me later but I’ll have Rome cabs pick me up at 6:45 am. Hopefully being after busy August on September 5, a Monday and several months from now will help.

My question as I have only been thru FCO once and that 6 years ago: if you check in online and pay for bags the previous day online from the ship what takes so long to just check bags, go thru security and go to the gate in the International  terminal that separates  you from the other EU traffic?

2 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

My question as I have only been thru FCO once and that 6 years ago: if you check in online and pay for bags the previous day online from the ship what takes so long to just check bags, go thru security and go to the gate in the International  terminal that separates  you from the other EU traffic?

Apparently long lines due to staffing shortages but I haven't seen any such thing reported about Rome. The worst in Europe right now is Amsterdam as well as Heathrow and Dublin. Frankfurt is a mess as well.

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

Thanks, everything is paid for so I can’t really change the flights anymore. This was what FBC booked me on. Too bad they didn’t book me later but I’ll have Rome cabs pick me up at 6:45 am. Hopefully being after busy August on September 5, a Monday and several months from now will help.

I am also flying relatively early on the 5th (11:15?). Fingers crossed we both make it! 

5 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Me too. Just think 2 1/2 after arrival at the terminal has to be enough time!

No, it really isn't.  Our flight was 11am and 757 am arrival (sorry didn't see your second post when I wrote back above) and we had only the actual boarding window to spare. NOT enough time. Plus we were bumped forward in a couple of lines d/t children <14, had we not had that I actually do not think we would've made it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Yes, baggage drop off line was about an hour in itself.  We had prechecked in online, had prepaid bags etc.

13 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

FWIW the earliest flight that Flights by Celebrity lets you book is 10:50am. If you book a transfer through them as well I'd say you're at least protected if something goes wrong.

I would agree with you but with flights all full and sold out these days I doubt FBC is going to pay for you for a hotel for the potential DAYS it could take to get seats on a plane home (better chances if a smaller party, we were 5 including 2 children) and don't you want to get home when you want to get home?

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

Yes, baggage drop off line was about an hour in itself.  We had prechecked in online, had prepaid bags etc.

Curious: were you in first/business class? I'm hoping that'll give me a shorter line.

3 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Hope that by September things get better (after the August vacation crush), If not I’ll call FBC emergency group at the airport  via my Verizon international travel pass to expedite, if I need to stay an extra day or two, so be it. I’m retired, only 2 of us snd no pressing obligations at  home. I’ll pay for the hotel, my travel insurance may pick up. Hard to believe these days baggage drop off could be so long. 

Edited by Virginia100

16 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Curious: were you in first/business class? I'm hoping that'll give me a shorter line.

We were in business class flying out of FCO last month, so we were able to go through the priority line at the check-in/bag drop-off counter.  That line was only about 30 minutes, compared to perhaps an hour for the coach passengers.  Next comes security, about another 30 minutes.  The airport is huge, so the walk to the gate is around another 30 minutes.  Then comes the check-in at the gate.  We were in group 1 because we were in business class and are AAdvantage Platinum.  It still took us another ten or 15 minutes from the time we lined up at the gate until we made it to the door of the plane, where we waited at least another five minutes while the gate agents assisted two passengers in wheel chairs.  All told, from taxi to seat on the airplane was over two hours.  It would have been more if we were flying coach and were not American Airlines AAdvantage members.

• Thanks 1