Activities on Board (New to Cruising!)

CrusinKate86

Hi all!

I have recently booked my honeymoon with Virgin. It will be my and my fiancé’s first cruise ever! We were, unfortunately, on the cull list with the cancellation of the Resilient Lady’s launch, but, it worked out in our favor. We were able to rebook for the same week on Valiant Lady and the 200% credit lowed us to upgrade to a suite (yay!)

My questIon for you Virgin Veterans, how do you discover the schedule on board? I’m talking trivia, the pajama party, etc. I have seen that other cruise lines send out a newspaper of sorts with all of the times and location of the smaller events. Is it on the app? Posted somewhere? My planner mind would love to know!

Happy Cruising! 

Everything will be on the app when you board.  You can book Shore Things about 145 days before your cruise (perhaps sooner since you are in a suite), and your evening dining reservations 65 days (I think?) before your cruise), but almost everything else has to be booked on the ship.  A few exceptions are trivia games and some other odd things like prepping for the Scarlet Night party.  There is a lot of info on social media and their website.

• Like 1

They encourage you to use the app which will have the daily schedule, but paper copies are available at Sailor Services.  You just have to walk down and request it.  Exercise classes can be booked on the app while at the terminal waiting to board (at least the Miami terminal uses Virgin internet, so this works).

Download and sign up thru the app.  We got notifications when our shore things window opened for booking, and when we sign onto the app it shows how many days we have till our cruise and how many till we can book dinner reservations.  You don't need to worry about getting the dinners you want or getting shows--in a suite, the suite host will make it happen if you haven't already done it in the app. They will try to do that with exercise classes, but some are limited by amount of equipment in the room. When you board, you will be taken to a Rockstar area where you'll be offered champagne and meet the hosts who will then take care of everything you haven't already done.

• Like 1