All day in Ft. Lauderdale after cruise

michaellasdad

Hi, we are getting off the Breakaway July 17th and our flight doesn't leave for home  home until 5:30 can we have our bags taken to the airport and stored until we get on the plane to come home? We are planning on taking the water taxi from Ft. Lauderdale and seeing the sights instead of renting a car and they said they don't take luggage on the water taxis. Sorry if this is a stupid question but we are both noobs when it comes to flying into an airport and having such a long wait to fly home, gotta love NCL BOGO flights.

Most airports have a luggage storage capability.  It's not usually linked to a particular airline and it is a "for a fee" service.   This page has info about the one at FLL.  Scroll down to the Public Baggage Storage.  Of course, you would have to go to the airport, leave your luggage, and then go site see, and then return to the airport.

https://www.broward.org/Airport/passengers/Services/Pages/Default.aspx

Googling "fort lauderdale luggage storage" shows a few other alternatives outside the airport that might work.  You would want to contact them in advance, I would think, to make sure what they actually offer.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Most airports have a luggage storage capability.  It's not usually linked to a particular airline and it is a "for a fee" service.   This page has info about the one at FLL.  Scroll down to the Public Baggage Storage.  Of course, you would have to go to the airport, leave your luggage, and then go site see, and then return to the airport.

https://www.broward.org/Airport/passengers/Services/Pages/Default.aspx

Googling "fort lauderdale luggage storage" shows a few other alternatives outside the airport that might work.  You would want to contact them in advance, I would think, to make sure what they actually offer.

Thank you. I just tried the phone number for the airport, i had to send an email to support@bagstogo.com hopefully they will respond. I did find those pages but it said that they were closed due to COVID19? I guess you get what you pay for, the bogo flights are not convenient but it is cheap.

2 minutes ago, michaellasdad said:

Thank you. I just tried the phone number for the airport, i had to send an email to support@bagstogo.com hopefully they will respond. I did find those pages but it said that they were closed due to COVID19? I guess you get what you pay for, the bogo flights are not convenient but it is cheap.

My interpretation of the page was that a couple of the sites were open and a few were closed.  If you look at each individual site, it says "open" or "closed".  I assume that is the Covid status.  But I could be wrong.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

Just now, MeHeartCruising said:

My interpretation of the page was that a couple of the sites were open and a few were closed.  If you look at each individual site, it says "open" or "closed".  I assume that is the Covid status.  But I could be wrong.

That's kind of what I thought as well after scrolling down a little but I wanted to be sure because of the conflicting information on the page.

7 minutes ago, michaellasdad said:

That's kind of what I thought as well after scrolling down a little but I wanted to be sure because of the conflicting information on the page.

Just doing some more research, the Bags To Go website you can prepay for the bag storage, it's $10.00 a bag which is pretty cheap I think.

36 minutes ago, michaellasdad said:

Try american's website.  You;ll find this:

image.png.7c6fce4e640cac375ae3d648e2d3b911.png

9 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Try american's website.  You;ll find this:

image.png.7c6fce4e640cac375ae3d648e2d3b911.png

I did see that, you were correct, thanks for the info. I pre-paid through the Bags To Go website for our 2 bags @$10.00 per bag. I'm glad I asked. One less thing to worry about 

Check resortpass dot com for resorts and large hotels offering day passes to their pool, spa and beach facilities. Tip them to store your bags while you swim, relax and get pampered.

Edited by JohninDC

7 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

We just go to the nearest hotel and have them hold our bags for $ 5 and pick them back up later when we are ready to go to the airport. Any hotel will hold them.

I just didn't want to drag them around so we settled on Bags To Go right in the airport, it was only $10.00 a bag.