Evening in Curacao

itsanita

7 hours ago, itsanita said:

We will be in port till 11pm on a Thursday.   Looking for something to do in the evening, perhaps a sunset cruise?  Is anything open around the ship in the evening?  

I live in Curaçao.  Thursday nights there is Punda Vibes, street vendors, stores stay open late, music and Fireworks at 8:15 right in Punda (across the Queen Emma Floating Bridge).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 8:06 PM, bup1224 said:

I live in Curaçao.  Thursday nights there is Punda Vibes, street vendors, stores stay open late, music and Fireworks at 8:15 right in Punda (across the Queen Emma Floating Bridge).

I have another question for you ☺️

We have booked a private tour while there, 6 hours from 2-8pm.  This is what was suggested, but they said they will do whatever we choose.  Does this look good to you?   Other suggestions?  Thanks again for your help.  

• Sightseeing: Enjoy the beautiful sights whilst we drive towards the west side of the island.
  • Flamingo Watching: Get the chance to see wild flamingos at the salt lakes of Sint Willibrordus.
  • Shete Boka National Park: This national park is a must-visit when you decide to spend some time in Curaçao. Once you venture into this beauty of the island, you will discover many inlets which are home to 3 species of turtle nests. In Shete Boka, there are a variety of coves to explore where you can admire large and unpredictable waves crashing against an underground cave!
  • Playa Kenepa Grandi: Enjoy one of the most popular beaches of Curaçao for some fantastic picture opportunities! Swim into the crystal blue water, dare to go cliff jumping, relax and go snorkeling!

On 6/29/2022 at 8:34 AM, itsanita said:

I have another question for you ☺️

We have booked a private tour while there, 6 hours from 2-8pm.  This is what was suggested, but they said they will do whatever we choose.  Does this look good to you?   Other suggestions?  Thanks again for your help.  

• Sightseeing: Enjoy the beautiful sights whilst we drive towards the west side of the island.
  • Flamingo Watching: Get the chance to see wild flamingos at the salt lakes of Sint Willibrordus.
  • Shete Boka National Park: This national park is a must-visit when you decide to spend some time in Curaçao. Once you venture into this beauty of the island, you will discover many inlets which are home to 3 species of turtle nests. In Shete Boka, there are a variety of coves to explore where you can admire large and unpredictable waves crashing against an underground cave!
  • Playa Kenepa Grandi: Enjoy one of the most popular beaches of Curaçao for some fantastic picture opportunities! Swim into the crystal blue water, dare to go cliff jumping, relax and go snorkeling!

Yes, Shete Boka is great and Kenepa Grandi is one of my favorite beaches. 

I posted pictures of Willamsted I took a few years ago here on CC. I took them at night having dinner on the river. They show quite a bit of the town lit up I think with Christmas lights. You can look them up somehow 🤔🙂. Willamsted is beautiful at night I highly recommend having dinner in town if your ship doesn't leave until late. 

When I was there it was nothing but fun good people great food excellent vibe and beautiful at night. 👍👍