When you find a lower price

HarleyGirl

I booked thru Carnival and later found a cheaper price thru an online agency. I called Carnival to see if they could do anything (I had only paid the deposit at this time). They looked it up and gave me a new price $20 lower pp then what I had seen. A savings at that time of $220 pp!!

After I made final payment I continued to check the cheaper web site and again found a cheaper price. Once again I called Carnival to see if they could do anything (I really didn't expect anything since final payment had already been made) They check and first offered me an upgrade but I had picked the room I wanted and really didn't want to switch rooms so I asked for an onboard credit and was given the amount of the difference.

All in all checking prices and talking to Carnival saved me a total of $350 pp. Whenever I called Carnival I just talked to whoever answered the phone, never bothering to contact my PVP. (I was not overly thrilled with him in the first place). All I can say is call Carnival when you see a price difference between their website and other online agencies. I did not find the lower prices on the BIG online agencies. I just Googled "cheap cruises"

and went thru about 5 before I found the first cheaper price then continued looking and found more. That's when I called the first time.

Can't hurt to ask!!!;)

I know everyone says that the cheaper prices on other web sites don't include the port charge but if you look at the fine print or start the reservation process (but don't finish it) you will get the final price that includes all taxes and port charges. Just call and see if they can meet it. If they don't you've only wasted a few minutes of your time, if they do then you've saved yourself some money!!

Archived