Veggie and Vegan food in the MDRs?

SamKB

Hi All.   Hubby and I are just about to book our first NCL cruise on the Escape for early next year.  We have never cruised with NCL before and am looking for any advice previous cruisers can give in respect of veggie/vegan options in the MDRs and in the buffet.

In the buffet

(Q1) are items marked as veggie/vegan, or would I need to ask about each item?  IE chips - is it clear if they are cooked in a separate vegetarian fryer or fried in the same fryer used for fish/chicken etc?

(Q2) are cheeses used suitable for vegetarians (re rennet content).... eg if there is an alfredo pasta that has cheese but no meat/chicken in it etc.... is the cheese going to be a vegetarian suitable cheese, or if there is a margarita pizza slices available - will the cheese be suitable for veggies and clearly marked as this, or will I need to ask about the ingredients of each item?

(Q3) same goes for desserts in the buffet, are they marked as veggie/vegan and definitely not containing rennet in cheese (cheesecake/tiramasu etc) or gelatine in cakes?

In  the MDRs

(Q1) is there a separate menu available featuring veggie/vegan items?

(Q2) is there scope to request things that are not on the menu if I give advance notice?

Thanks so much for all input 🙂

• Like 1