Kids menu

carohs

I think the kids' menu is the same and boring because that's what most kids want.  I know my granddaughter would have gladly had chicken nuggets for every meal, no surprises.  But as the kids grow and get more adventurous, just get them new adventures from the adult menu.  You can ask to substitute different vegetables if you want, for example fries instead of something green.  If you include the adult menu selections there's no limit to the new tastes they can try.  And if they just absolutely won't eat what you ordered swing by the buffet after and let them pick what they want, to eat there or take back to the cabin.

Depending on their age, they can eat off your plate, we also had our dd skip the appetizer and they brought her an entree from the main menu for her to start on while we were working on our apps…

21 minutes ago, carohs said:

I was wondering if the kids menu is the same for all sailings for all dining rooms. It seems so boring to have the kids given the same choices every time!

same menu for all sailings for all dining rooms. 

If you are eating in the main dining room, buffet or any of the complimentary dining venues (like O'sheehan's or the asian noodle bar) then kids can order off of the main menu for no extra charge. We would sometimes ask for sauces on the side to make things more kid friendly. 

Specialty dining is a different beast but you didn't mention whether you were concerned with specialty or complimentary dining.

Frankly I find mac n cheese, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets bland and one dimensional. I encourage my kids whenever possible to try new foods. Of course it's a vacation, and they'll be allowed all that, just not every meal. I imagine most of the kids meal options appear in the buffet too? They've discovered they like all sorts of things like sushi, fried calamari, huevos rancheros, chilaquiles, curry, pho... IMO vacations are about exploring new destinations as much as new foods!! I sincerely hope the adult menus feature some variety. 

8 hours ago, carohs said:

Frankly I find mac n cheese, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets bland and one dimensional.

As do I, but I'm in my 30s. My daughter, who is 4, finds them to be culinary masterpieces. As she's going through her picky eater phase—and my oh my, do I hope it's just a phase—I'm glad they're on the menu.

It's been a struggle to get her to try anything new recently, so we've resolved that because it's a vacation for her and for us, we're just going to let her eat what she wants, and we'll skip the "Could you please just try [food item], PLEASE???" for the week.

11 hours ago, DwayneG said:

I know my granddaughter would have gladly had chicken nuggets for every meal, no surprises

Dad? Is that you? 🤣