Divina: Photo Packages & Soft Serve?

AngryBirdah

Hi All!  We're on a 7-night Divina cruise next week (first time on this ship).  I saw in the pre-cruise add-ons that one could buy Photo Print packages (5/10/20/30), but did not see an option for an All-In Digital Photo package like we had on the Seashore.  I guess only the newer ships are tied into that offering.

#1:  Does the Divina currently offer any kind of Digital Photo package, either on board or by calling in pre-cruise?  If not, do any recent cruisers have notes on the prices or specials that were offered on board?  30 minutes of Google research came up pretty empty 😔

#2:  Also, for the first time ever, my wife and I splurged on a non-alcoholic drink package.  It says that this includes soft serve ice cream?  Where on Divina does one find the soft serve?  I assume they have some for everyone at the buffet in the late afternoon, but is there a particular spot to go find it at other times of the day?

Many thanks, as always, for your insights  😊

1 hour ago, AngryBirdah said:

#1:  Does the Divina currently offer any kind of Digital Photo package, either on board or by calling in pre-cruise? 

Whoops - I meant Digital Download/USB Drive offerings in addition to the Prints packages I'm seeing online

We sailed Divinia in 2017 and they had ice cream by pool limited hours starboard side.  They also had Gelato free for YC by jungle pool and port side pool and one other place down in atrium.   we sailed September and none was operational.  YMMV.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:32 AM, dexddd said:

We sailed Divinia in 2017 and they had ice cream by pool limited hours starboard side.  They also had Gelato free for YC by jungle pool and port side pool and one other place down in atrium.   we sailed September and none was operational.  YMMV.

Thanks!  They at least had the free stuff in the afternoons this past March on the Seashore, so hopefully that's a good sign.

We sailed on Divina late May and there is no soft serve ice cream.  The gelato which is extra cost (other than YC passengers) was ok, not great and I believe was $3.50 for a small cup (about two scoops really).  The ice cream you can get at dinner for dessert was also just ok, not great.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the Divina yesterday. There was soft serve ice cream and gelato at the Tritone bar near the pool on deck 14. $2.20 for a cup of soft serve. $3.50/$5.50 for small/large gelato.

No digital photo package, which was disappointing, but the photographers were excellent, and we ended up with several nice prints. We pre-purchased the 10 photo package (you could choose any combo of 8x10 or the larger size, maybe 11x14) for $100. We didn't pay attention to the on-board photo specials, so can't speak to that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 10:50 AM, KellyCz said:

Just returned from the Divina yesterday.

Thanks!  We were on the same cruise!  Wasn't it wonderfully NOT crowded?  I thought it was an overall fantastic experience.

Having had a wonderful sailing, I wanted to come back and answer my own questions in the hopes that it helps others!

On 6/22/2022 at 1:54 AM, AngryBirdah said:

#1:  Does the Divina currently offer any kind of Digital Photo package, either on board or by calling in pre-cruise?  If not, do any recent cruisers have notes on the prices or specials that were offered on board?  30 minutes of Google research came up pretty empty 😔

Divina has no Digital Photos at all!  That was quite disappointing.  I mean, it' snot like they're shooting with film, so you'd think they could sort something out.  The photo agent said that the "Legacy" ships like Divina don't have Digital.  However, their photographers were quite good and captured some beautiful pictures, both in the studio scenes as well as out in the water at Ocean Cay.  

They offered the standard mix-n-match packages on the boat, for example, 10 prints for $120.  I thought we did a great thing pre-purchasing that 10 print package for $100, but it turns out this isn't so.  One of the Diamond/Black benefits is a 40% discount on photos, including special offers.  So we settled on 20 prints that we loved:  The first 10 came off of our pre-paid package.  The next 10 were purchased with the $120 package... which was discounted to $72 thanks to Diamond!  WOW.  If going on a Legacy ship again, I won't pre-purchase a package.  Instead, I'll wait to see how many photos we really want, and then use that 40% discount off of the most sensible package onboard!

On 6/22/2022 at 1:54 AM, AngryBirdah said:

#2:  Also, for the first time ever, my wife and I splurged on a non-alcoholic drink package.  It says that this includes soft serve ice cream?  Where on Divina does one find the soft serve?  I assume they have some for everyone at the buffet in the late afternoon, but is there a particular spot to go find it at other times of the day?

It was really neat drinking something other than the complimentary water and lemonade for a change!  We kept track of what we drank, and we did end up getting our money's worth... though there were some times that we were drinking for the sake of drinking and not because we were thirsty.  Indulging in more of the higher-priced mocktails would have helped, but we're mainly Coke/Water/Coffee people.

It took asking Guest Services to get the answer, but there is, indeed, soft serve ice cream as part of the package.  It's mainly found at the Pool Bars.  Service was quick and easy, and made for a nice treat.  Still not as convenient as Carnival's 24/7 machines, but it was still cool.