Alaska Port Substitution Question

mvaldes140

I just checked my alaska northbound cruise, and never noticed that it showed hubbard glacier on the map and gave it one of those green port substitution dots. Just wondering if anyone has any more information about this or about how port substitions work. Mostly I just want to know if people think they would put this in to substitue glacier bay with hubbard glacier or if it's most likely for college fjord. I'm on the Grand Princess on 07/06 btw
Thanks

34 minutes ago, mvaldes140 said:

I just checked my alaska northbound cruise, and never noticed that it showed hubbard glacier on the map and gave it one of those green port substitution dots. Just wondering if anyone has any more information about this or about how port substitions work. Mostly I just want to know if people think they would put this in to substitue glacier bay with hubbard glacier or if it's most likely for college fjord. I'm on the Grand Princess on 07/06 btw
Thanks

Never noticed that and we are on the same cruise.  It appears that the ship has to go by Glacier Bay to get to Hubbard?  We booked this itinerary specifically for Glacier Bay so we won't be happy cruisers with a substitute.  At this point though we just want to get there after waiting 3 years 🙂

31 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Never noticed that and we are on the same cruise.  It appears that the ship has to go by Glacier Bay to get to Hubbard?  We booked this itinerary specifically for Glacier Bay so we won't be happy cruisers with a substitute.  At this point though we just want to get there after waiting 3 years 🙂

I'm 90% sure it was added recently because I've been checking it often cause of Ezair anxiety and hadn't seen it before today.