Self serve beer station..

southbayer

Does anyone know if Panorama have a self serve beer station ?  If they do, are they Cheers compatible ?  Or is it charge / swipe per pour ?  Are they self serve soda fountain stations too ?  Same question for pay...

Can't opine on Panorama but they are on the Horizon and Vista. From what I've seen of others using the taps, you tend to get a lot of foam for your $.  Supposedly cheaper at $4.72 with gratuity but it's cheap beer anyway.  Bud Lite and maybe Carnival's Thirsty Red Frog version of Bud's amber ale.  But yes you swipe your card so since CHEERS is noted on your S&S card, it gets covered and counts toward your 15 drinks.

It's good to hear that Cheers now includes PYOB as it did not in the past.

The last time I used the PYOB machine I got a somewhat tepid and foamy beer for pretty much the same price as I would have paid from the bar so I never used it again (I didn't have Cheers). Plus I paid a gratuity to pour my own beer. Frankly, I felt ripped off.

I've noticed that the PYOB stations on some ships have been closed since COVID, but I haven't sailed on Panorama so can't say if that ship has opened theirs or not (or if the ship is even so equipped).

Yes, on Panorama in the aft Marketplace Lido buffet near the deli. If the keg is blown it will debit your card regardless and you will need a supervisor to verify the keg is empty and have the debit reversed. Also, there is a countdown second clock the moment you swipe your card so have the glass in your hand before swiping and get ready to pour or the timer shuts the spigot off. It's a hassle at times TBH.

3 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I tried once, and it was an experience.  Never did it again, as you get better product from the bar. 

100%.  I used the PYOB in the Lido Marketplace and at the Red Frog Pub and both were disgusting.  You can tell those beer lines are NEVER cleaned.

• Like 2