Raptor Center tour

M5M

The Raptor Center tour includes a walk of about a mile, it says over level ground. I'm wondering how strenuous this is, what is the pace of this walk?  Hubby (79) is capable but fairly slow, will have a cane.  We dont want to slow others, so wonder if it's a "walk a little, stop and hear information, move on some more" type of thing....or is it a start to finish hike with no interruptions?  Thanks

Your tour will begin as a group for their demonstration inside the building, ending at the small gift shop. After that, you are free to wander the grounds.  There are some benches outside the building.  You can walk as slowly as you like on the path to see the exhibits and take pictures. I’ve seen lots of canes and walking sticks.  No need to hurry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are talking about the Raptor center in Sitka I don’t know where a mile walk comes in.  You part pretty close and the building and outdoor area is not that large.   I would call it a pretty easy tour unless they are letting you off at some distant.lot.  

Are you referring to the tour in Ketchikan?  We did this a few years ago.  I travel with my dad and he was using a cane at that time.  It was fine and easy.  This was a fun excursion!

18 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Are you referring to the tour in Ketchikan?  We did this a few years ago.  I travel with my dad and he was using a cane at that time.  It was fine and easy.  This was a fun excursion!

No...subject is Sitka port stop.

Actually, we have since booked the Ketchikan tour: Rainforest Walk and Raptor Center, Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary.  There is a 3/4 mile walk apparently, but it sounds slow and on even ground, and I called the provider for reassurance.  Thanks to all who chimed in, looking forward to meeting up.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

No. Subject says “Raptor Center Tour.”

Post 2,3 & 4 it was Sitka...sorry if I was incorrect...but there is a Raptor Center Tour also in Sitka and the one most frequently discussed on these boards. When posting it's always helpful for the OP to give some details so there's no confusion.

15 hours ago, M5M said:

Actually, we have since booked the Ketchikan tour: Rainforest Walk and Raptor Center, Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary.  There is a 3/4 mile walk apparently, but it sounds slow and on even ground, and I called the provider for reassurance.  Thanks to all who chimed in, looking forward to meeting up.  

Enjoy your tour in Ketchikan.  We loved it!

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Don’t lecture me about someone else’s post.  I was being helpful, you came across as rude.  

Wow...So sorry you completely misunderstood and assumed my post was rude..it certainly wasn't intended to be.