MISTRESS?!

bbtablet

Just booked a tour for my forthcoming cruise, and this is the confirmation received for myself and my wife. She is not best pleased!

Guests:

MISTER BERNARD BUTLER

MISTRESS JANE BUTLER

Price:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

16 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

Just booked a tour for my forthcoming cruise, and this is the confirmation received for myself and my wife. She is not best pleased!

Guests:

MISTER BERNARD BUTLER

MISTRESS JANE BUTLER

Price:

I know had the same here.  Grandson wanted to know why I was a Mistress!!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same on from Cunard, so it is obviously something implemented centrally.  If I view the booking online, though, it says "Mrs"

The trips on my next P+O cruise are not available yet.  We will see if they change this.

I wonder why they went with 'Mister', since 'Master' would have been a bit more consistent!

Edited by WestonOne

In this day and age why not simply put your name?   Our recent bookings for trips, entertainment are all addressed in the same way. I thought it was a really strange move. 

With so much these days on how people choose to be addressed why not make it easy and just drop the titles altogether. No offence - no complications.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:14 PM, bbtablet said:

Guests:

MISTER BERNARD BUTLER

MISTRESS JANE BUTLER

Price:

Just wait until you get on board. You'll find you've been allocated 4 suites each to look after. 

No way will their system not think you are actual Butlers.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

In this day and age why not simply put your name?   Our recent bookings for trips, entertainment are all addressed in the same way. I thought it was a really strange move. 

With so much these days on how people choose to be addressed why not make it easy and just drop the titles altogether. No offence - no complications.

P&O IT system as follows She Her It To be confirmed ?

• Haha 1

For many years my bank sent correspondence to us addressing me as Xxxxx Yyyyy Esq.  (They were the last bank to use ledgers in branch.)They then seemed to wrench themselves into the C20 and normal address labels came for a couple of years. Then letters came to me recognising me ( quite erroneously) as a knight of the realm. I was tempted, but I contacted them to sort it out. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

That is so sad, it's hilarious.  They are employing uneducated people that's for sure.  What do they put for two guys or two girls.  Mistress & Mistress etc.  Unbelieable.

Yes, as you say, uneducated. Unbeliea...... what?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

That is so sad, it's hilarious.  They are employing uneducated people that's for sure.  What do they put for two guys or two girls.  Mistress & Mistress etc.  Unbelieable.

I'd hazard a guess the contractor is based overseas and the people that build the website have neither a cultural appreciation of our titles nor a strong background in English grammar etc.

• Like 3