Testing at port?

recruiter 28

I don't think so.  Last year, we sailed out of Athens and they tested us for free at the port, before we were allowed to board.  This year we are sailing out of Venice (Trieste) and we are to provide our own negative tests taken within 72 hours.  You can find the protocols for Europe at the HAL website.

If you look at the policy on the HAL website,  it clearly says they will test you at the pier for $60 per person if you show up without a test. If you show you had a test, but the results haven't come in yet, they will test you for free.

58 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you look at the policy on the HAL website,  it clearly says they will test you at the pier for $60 per person if you show up without a test. If you show you had a test, but the results haven't come in yet, they will test you for free.

Can you direct me to where on the HAL website it says tests will be available at the pier?  All I can find is this:  EU-Cruise-Protocols-0614.pdf

I do believe you; I think I saw it once myself (where they said a limited number of tests would be available), but now I can't find it.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Lindancer said:

Can you direct me to where on the HAL website it says tests will be available at the pier?  All I can find is this:  EU-Cruise-Protocols-0614.pdf

I do believe you; I think I saw it once myself (where they said a limited number of tests would be available), but now I can't find it.

Thanks.

Can't right now...on my tablet. Will be home tomorrow. 

We have an upcoming cruise out of Copenhagen. Have read the policy several times. It's been discussed here a number of times. I even copy and pasted the relevant paragraph into a thread a week or so ago.

34 minutes ago, Lindancer said:

Thanks.

For US departures, it’s in the FAQs here https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-usa.html

here is the EU FAQ https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-europe.html

scrolls down below the link to the pdf. It looks like you are at the end of the page. But your

aren’t. 

Guests ages five and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within three days of cruise embarkation for all European cruises except for embarkations in Greece which requires a two day medically observed antigen test or a 3-day PCR COVID-19 test.

If a guest brings proof of testing without results to the pier, Holland America Line will test them at no charge. Guests who arrive without a negative test result will experience additional fees, a delayed embarkation and risk denied boarding and subject to quarantine should a positive result be returned

Edited by rubytue

13 minutes ago, rubytue said:

For US departures, it’s in the FAQs here https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-usa.html

here is the EU FAQ https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-europe.html

scrolls down below the link to the pdf. It looks like you are at the end of the page. But your

aren’t. 

Guests ages five and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within three days of cruise embarkation for all European cruises except for embarkations in Greece which requires a two day medically observed antigen test or a 3-day PCR COVID-19 test.

If a guest brings proof of testing without results to the pier, Holland America Line will test them at no charge. Guests who arrive without a negative test result will experience additional fees, a delayed embarkation and risk denied boarding and subject to quarantine should a positive result be returned

Thank you.  That is what I saw before, and was looking for again.  Then, and now, it seemed like a good idea to get our tests before we get to the ship.  We are going to try to get the 35 Euro test at the Venice airport when our plane lands, about 50 hours before we board the ship. Thanks again.

• Like 1