Gluten-Free?

Wombservice

Good morning,

I’m traveling in September on the Magic with family, and one couple are gluten-free…..I’m just wondering what the options are for breads, desserts (particularly the cakes in Lido at lunch!), etc.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Thanks!

I recently cruised in May on the Breeze with a friend/co-worker who eats gluten-free.  We noted this when we booked the cruise, but then as soon as we got on-board, we asked how to ensure a GF dining experience for her and were directed to the "Menu Mate" kiosk in the middle of the buffet (near the Wok station if I remember correctly).   Ask and someone will direct you.  There, they took down her name and helped with GF selections for dinner in the MDR that night.  Then, before leaving the table after each evening meal, one of the servers helped with GF selections for breakfast & dinner for the next day.   What was impressive, was each evening the servers would automatically bring her a plate of GF bread without needed to ask.  She said it was quite good.  There are lots of selections, even for breakfast - like GF pancakes, waffles, etc.   There was even GF bread at the deli and at the pizza stations but needed to be requested.  She assumed the french fries in the deli were GF, but when asked for them, the server said they weren't but offered her the GF potato salad.  (Impressive, again, that they were watching out.)  We were told there is always at least one GF dessert in the dessert buffet, but I don't remember if she ever tried a dessert, generally opting for frozen yogurt.  (The chocolate melting cake in the MDR is GF and she had that most nights - like everyone else.  LOL!)  Definitely lots of GF options which made cruising easier and more enjoyable for her. because this was a huge concern of hers as a first-time cruiser. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 5

My daughter is gluten-free. She's been with us on several different Carnival ships and has always felt well taken care of.  She hates the GF sandwich bread but loves the baguette.   In regards to dessert,  you have to ask for the  gluten-free version of melting cake since the regular recipe includes flour.  It's slightly soupier but still yummy.

On 7/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, DPTexas said:

I recently cruised in May on the Breeze...

...Hope this helps.

It has!  My GF has Celiac disease and this puts my fears to rest.  We leave on the Breeze this week.  THANK YOU!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 4:06 PM, land64shark said:

Where is the baguette? Dining room? Deli?

Thanks

The baguette was served at dinner in the dining room. It was small and sliced in chunks.  I wonder, though, if a GF guest could ask ahead of time to have some available at other venues.