Regent"s New York City Hotels

Which hotels does Regent use for pre-cruise prior to embarkation?  I am noticing that most flights traveling from the western U.S. to New York City JFK come in rather late in the day and our sailing time on the day of embarkation is 6 p.m

Does Regent schedule their passenger flights for arrival on the  day of sailing or the day before under these circumstances..

Best Regards,

Wavefairy 

If you are not in Conceirge or above suite, hotel is not included in the cruise fare. So, using standard Regent air would have you arrive morning of cruise with a transfer to the port, which would probably be a red-eye flight in this case.

Many people choose to pay a deviation fee of $175 in order to fly in a day early and have a choice of flights. It also allows you to book flights 270 days in advance rather than wait for Regent to assign flights only 75 days ahead.

Using a deviation, you do not get an included transfer from airport to hotel. If you are not Concierge or above, you would be responsible for your own hotel and transfer to port.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:46 AM, wcsdkqh said:

Actually, you will receive transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to ship when deviating IF you book your hotel thru Regent. Of course, you will pay thru the nose for the hotel.

I think they charge around 500-550 a night for another night at the lotte palace.  While that is expensive it is in the range of most other hotels in the vicinity.  

We are going in May '23 out NYC.  Was planning on coming in a day early and staying at the regent hotel.  How do they transfer you from LGA or EWR to the hotel and is there a long wait after your flight?

Lonedaddy--

Last time we flew into LGA a couple days prior to embarkation, and booked the hotel thru Regent, there was a car waiting with driver holding placard with my name. So there was no wait. I'm sure it depends on whether there are other guests on the same flight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

Keep in mind the price Regent charges for a hotel is per person, not per room.

10 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Yup In Tokyo Regent offered us $450 (the price of the hotel online) for one hotel night and I said fine until the TA said that's each.  $900.  

I see that now - glad I booked the conrad as a back up using miles

Great there was a guy on Seabourn with a downtown location so thought I'd ask.  Waldorf obviously a better location IMO, depends on what you want to do.  Not sure how much you know about NYC, we haven't been there in a few years but lived/worked in NYC most of adult lives.  If I can help out please let me know, next trip to Texas I may hit you up.  Enjoy your trip.

3 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Great there was a guy on Seabourn with a downtown location so thought I'd ask.  Waldorf obviously a better location IMO, depends on what you want to do.  Not sure how much you know about NYC, we haven't been there in a few years but lived/worked in NYC most of adult lives.  If I can help out please let me know, next trip to Texas I may hit you up.  Enjoy your trip.

been to NYC on business several times.  We just plan to do a broadway show nice dinner maybe some shopping.  I usually in Belize these days!

33 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

been to NYC on business several times.  We just plan to do a broadway show nice dinner maybe some shopping.  I usually in Belize these days!

Cool.

3 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

If I can help out please let me know, next trip to Texas I may hit you up. 

My wife says I need to be more precise in communications,  To be clear I meant "hit you up" for information I wasn't going to try and mooch a stay or anything.   😄 My sister just moved to Austin to be close to her Grandkids and we were thinking of doing a road trip from NC.

take care

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Cool.

My wife says I need to be more precise in communications,  To be clear I meant "hit you up" for information I wasn't going to try and mooch a stay or anything.   😄 My sister just moved to Austin to be close to her Grandkids and we were thinking of doing a road trip from NC.

take care

I understood just letting you know my data a bit rusty since I've been mostly here for 4 years but I'll give it my best shot.