Closeted passenger on Atlantis cruise

sf_chilling

I'm a closeted gay male thinking of going on an Atlantis cruise, but worried I may get outed if I find people on the ship I know. Not sure if others may have advice if this is an ill placed fear, or any advice. Thanks in advance.

If for some reason you see someone you know, they will probably be just as surprised to see you, as  you them. Just quietly explain to them you are not out and they will probably respect your wishes....

• Like 4

On 6/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, sf_chilling said:

I'm a closeted gay male thinking of going on an Atlantis cruise, but worried I may get outed if I find people on the ship I know. Not sure if others may have advice if this is an ill placed fear, or any advice. Thanks in advance.

Go and have fun. If you meet a person that you know, they are obviously gay too. Explain your situation and request that what happens on the ship stays on the ship. I sure you wish would be respected and highly doubt that he would out you at home.

• Like 1

I have actually run into people I knew on three different Atlantis cruises. Only once was it someone I had no idea was gay (I hadn't seen him since he was 13 or 14). He was on board for a honeymoon with his new hubby! He recognized me and came over to say hi -I was quite flattered to be remembered from his childhood. He said, "I didn't know for sure you were gay, but I always hoped you were." 

Bottom line: go on the cruise and have a wonderful time! You won't regret it.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, fshepinc said:

I have actually run into people I knew on three different Atlantis cruises. Only once was it someone I had no idea was gay (I hadn't seen him since he was 13 or 14). He was on board for a honeymoon with his new hubby! He recognized me and came over to say hi -I was quite flattered to be remembered from his childhood. He said, "I didn't know for sure you were gay, but I always hoped you were." 

Bottom line: go on the cruise and have a wonderful time! You won't regret it.

I totally agree; great story 🤗🥰.  Have fun sf_chilling 😎.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, sf_chilling said:

Aren't Atlantis cruises gay cruises?? If you're on one it's pretty much mostly ALL gay. I'm sorry, but I don't know why you have to be closeted on a gay cruise. Or closeted in today's world anyway. Don't let homophobic people determine your life. Just live it!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoshuaLifter said:

My bad! I still have not figured out how to edit my posts!

Check to see if you have spell check. It will highlight the word. It doesn't work all he time.. Beet is still a legit word. Some programs are better than others. If you notice, it did not notice I spelled "the" wrong in the sentence above.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...