Cost of Upgrade to Premium Liquor Package Price

Vegasd4430

We’re on the September 21, 2022, Summit sailing out of Boston.  We made our final payment last week.  At the same time, I was able to get my TA to upgrade us from the Classic to the Premium beverage package and we were able to use shipboard credit to cover most of the cost.  Until several weeks ago, the upgrade cost was $12 a day per person.  Then, without any warning, Celebrity raised the upgrade cost 40% to $16.80 per day per person.  By applying our 10% Captain’s Club discount, the per day per person upgrade cost was $15.12.  Can’t wait to get back to the Martini Bar. 🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃🍸🍺🥃

John

• Like 1

Altho we usually book the Premium AI pkg, I'm looking at the "Elevate" option.

It will cost us $210pp more, but you get $200 in OBC for Shore Excursions.  Since we don't

usually take the excursions, can we use the OBC for something else?

Think I've read something about this previously but can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Altho we usually book the Premium AI pkg, I'm looking at the "Elevate" option.

It will cost us $210pp more, but you get $200 in OBC for Shore Excursions.  Since we don't

usually take the excursions, can we use the OBC for something else?

Think I've read something about this previously but can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Yes, the OBC can be used for other things. 

10 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

So I can't upgrade to a Premium package without paying the entire full cost of a Premium package?  I did not book a cruise-only rate.... I booked under the Always Included rate so I have the Classic package already.  I'm not starting from scratch with no drink package at all, I'm upgrading from Classic to Premuium.  That doesn't make any sense to me.

Sorry, should have worded it a little better.

You can upgrade to the Premium package. It's basically the different in cost between the two packages plus a 20% gratuity. Depending on the exchange rate that would work out to roughly $23.53CAD pp/pd. For Captain's Club members there is a discount based on what tier you are. The first tier that offers a discount is "Classic" which would entitle you to a 5% bringing it down to $22.35 so on a 7 day cruise that would save you $8.26CAD pp.

Since this is your first cruise with Celebrity you'd be paying the full upgrade cost of $23.53CAD regardless of whether you do it now, or on the ship so why wait on hold for a long time when it would be easier to upgrade on the ship. Believe me, there is no shortage of crew that will be more than happy to sell you the upgrade since they get a cut of it.

• Like 1

Do they ever run sales on the upgrade from Classic to Premium?

If not - is it cheaper to do it before you board?

If it is the same price - I would prefer to give a cut to my new best friend bartender at the Martini Bar on the Edge. 😉😉

• Haha 1

We made final payment (Infinity) over a month ago.  The upgrade option never showed up in the cruise planner and today, when I went online to check, I saw the note about calling.  I called right away.  There was no wait and I did get a very knowledgable person who was able to upgrade us (with Elite discount) and upgrade one wi-fi package with very little time spent.  Received the email confirmations right away and now we are all set to sail.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2022 at 8:31 PM, bye-seaya said:

You can upgrade from classic to premium- but what I think the previous poster was saying that there won’t be a Captains Club loyalty discount (usually 10%) available on that cost difference.

For example, as a Captains Club member - I usually ask customer service for the CC member discount on my upgrade and they take 10% off of the cost to do so. 

This may not be an option due to the fact it’s your first Celebrity cruise, and it’s dependent on the Captains Club perk level. But it doesn’t hurt to ask for a discount. The worst they could say is no. 😀

Perfect!  I don't care too much about the Captain's Club discount, I just am hoping to pay the extra $15-$18 day or whatever it is.  Unfortunately I missed the "perks" emails earlier this year and was hoping to get a lowly 2 points to have something, but it's all good.  We got this cruise for a relative steal so I'm OK with that!

15 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

Sorry, should have worded it a little better.

You can upgrade to the Premium package. It's basically the different in cost between the two packages plus a 20% gratuity. Depending on the exchange rate that would work out to roughly $23.53CAD pp/pd. For Captain's Club members there is a discount based on what tier you are. The first tier that offers a discount is "Classic" which would entitle you to a 5% bringing it down to $22.35 so on a 7 day cruise that would save you $8.26CAD pp.

Since this is your first cruise with Celebrity you'd be paying the full upgrade cost of $23.53CAD regardless of whether you do it now, or on the ship so why wait on hold for a long time when it would be easier to upgrade on the ship. Believe me, there is no shortage of crew that will be more than happy to sell you the upgrade since they get a cut of it.

Awesome to know!  I'm OK with that cost because we will easily have a few $15 cocktails in an evening to make up for it.  I was just thinking it would make sense to upgrade earlier if the price went up, but at this point it's getting to be negligible.  Looks like it's already gone up a few dollars per day (of course) so I sure wish I could have upgraded in February when I originally tried, but I can't worry about that now.  If I can't do it easily online I will most definitely do it on the ship 🙂  

Edited by WorkerBee74