Cab or transfer? - airport to terminal

luvocean9

Currently my plane arrives Seattle at 11:10 am. The airline has changed it twice; it was 10:30 am. I guess they could still change it again. My ship leaves at 4:00 pm, Alaska bound. I booked my flight independent of the cruise.

I planned on just catching a cab from the airport to the terminal. Since I must arrive the terminal by 2:00 pm (2 hours before we sail), should I purchase a transfer from Princess, or stick with the cab? I was thinking that if they are responsible for meeting me, they would know of changes or delays so if I arrived the terminal at 3pm it would not be a problem?

Note: I originally booked to be in Seattle a day before the cruise, but my cruise was cancelled and rebooked a day early.

with that timeframe, you could take a public bus to downtown or take a shuttle to the terminal. i once sat on a bus waiting one hour to be transferred to the airport--it was horrible--I had no time to go to the bathroom or get food before the flight.

Really...If we book transfers with Princess they will wait for us if we are late..We have flights scheduled into Vancouver in Sept... arrival at 1 and the boat was supposed to sail at 5:30...but now see they have moved the sailing up to 4:00...so we were going to get a taxi, but if we book transfers with Princess are you saying if things get tight time wise..they will wait for us??? If that is true..I am calling them NOW...

I would take the Princess transfers. That way, they know what time your flight is getting in and whether it'll be delayed. Also, most of the "horror" stories you hear are people flying in the day before and going to hotels or disembarking from the ship. They'll have busses ready to take you to the ship ASAP. I've never had a problem with Princess transfers and have used them many times. If the timing is tight, I'd rather have them responsible for me than worry about a cab stuck in traffic. If they know the busses are on their way, they'll wait.

I generally book the Princess transfer to the ship on the day of departure just for the added security, but I always try to arrange a private limo, shuttle van, or cab back to the airport, depending on availability, cost, etc.

I don't care if I get back to the airport in LA..Ha. .Just want to make sure I don't miss my cruise!..I think I will take your advise and book the Princess transfer...course I wonder if the flight is late or delayed if they will still be there when we arrive..

We have cruised several times, and have always flown in a day before...so guess I am stressing too much about this...BUT I know how flights can be delayed...Thanks

Thanks everyone for your advice. I called Princess and asked if they would wait if using their transfer and running late and they said NO. They said that the gate would be open until 3:30 for a 4:00 departure. After that they will keep it open if they know that you will be there in just a few minutes. She said you can call them from the taxi if needing a few minutes, but basically, they leave on time.

Since I have several hours now to play with, I will just take a taxi.

Archived