Solstice Room Configuration

bh6605

Well be staying in room 6151veranda on the Solstice next month. How do I find out if the configuration is the one with the bed by the entrance door or by the balcony. Sounds petty but we'd much prefer the bed by the door and sofa seating area by the balcony. When the bed is there it totally ruins the balcony area. Strangely I think all of our 8 or 10 celebrity cruises over 20 years have been configured our preferred way. Asking bc the picture online shows it the "other" way. I did check the S class spreadsheet and didn't see our room listed. 

10 minutes ago, bh6605 said:

Well be staying in room 6151veranda on the Solstice next month. How do I find out if the configuration is the one with the bed by the entrance door or by the balcony. Sounds petty but we'd much prefer the bed by the door and sofa seating area by the balcony. When the bed is there it totally ruins the balcony area. Strangely I think all of our 8 or 10 celebrity cruises over 20 years have been configured our preferred way. Asking bc the picture online shows it the "other" way. I did check the S class spreadsheet and didn't see our room listed. 

That cabin has a sofa bed according to the legend, so it will be bed by bath.

Excellent! Thank you. 2 hours on the phone today most of it on hold and a surly rep told me it was the other way and there was no other option. I knew right away I wasted 2 hours and should've just come here. 

We've never had or even seen an upper berth. Should be interesting to see which of our sons wins the battle to sleep there!

the little square on the deck plan indicates that it can hold 3, ie sofa bed.  Those have the sofa by the balcony.  And I've been told that if there's a group without them, count every other from the nearest one with a square.

• Like 1

I do not know if this helps, but this picture I found on a cruise cabin website for another 2B category cabin on your deck from 2018 in cabin 6109.

CelVer610-15536-1482690770.webp

Edited by terrydtx

• 2 weeks later...

Since you may have already sailed, I would like to know if you were moved from your deck six balcony because on some ships parts of deck six were closed off for newly arrived crew quarantine cabins.  People in the affected deck six cabins were moved to other balcony cabins.  We are in 6166 on an August Solstice cruise....maybe.  I feel that they should not offered these cabins.  Just curious.