Check in times

I'm in the UK and I'm trying to figure out what time of the morning I'll need to set my alarm from to check in on the app for my upcoming cruise.  Some of the posts I've seen say midnight EST and some of them say midnight local port time.

We're cruising out of Galveston, so from what I can tell it's an hour different from EST?  So which one is correct (as it will have a big impact on what time I have to get out of bed, early either way!)

18 hours ago, Harriet75C said:

I'm in the UK and I'm trying to figure out what time of the morning I'll need to set my alarm from to check in on the app for my upcoming cruise. 

Just wake up at normal time and check in  - you have 6 hour start on everyone else in Galveston. Check in should be after 5AM your time, if you insist.

Edited by Biker19

21 hours ago, Harriet75C said:

I'm in the UK and I'm trying to figure out what time of the morning I'll need to set my alarm from to check in on the app for my upcoming cruise.  Some of the posts I've seen say midnight EST and some of them say midnight local port time.

We're cruising out of Galveston, so from what I can tell it's an hour different from EST?  So which one is correct (as it will have a big impact on what time I have to get out of bed, early either way!)

When we cruised out of Galveston earlier this year, it came up at midnight Eastern.

I can’t answer the Galveston part, but I checked in for two cruises out of Florida over the past few weeks, and check-in opened at 12:03 EST for both, so don’t be discouraged if it is not right on the dot.

I know that I didn’t have to check in right away to get a good time, but I liked the thrill  of waiting for it to open. 😁 Reminded me of the days when I was bidding on eBay at the last minute!