How to know if it is a tender port

Astromaid

9 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Look on your Viking Guest Statement (not the invoice you might get from your TA). Somewhere on it, it will list the ports and time in port.  Any port marked with an anchor is a tender port. 

Thanks for that tip. Never even noticed that. And thrilled that our upcoming 21-day Med cruise only has one tender port—Monte Carlo.

51 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Thanks for that tip. Never even noticed that. And thrilled that our upcoming 21-day Med cruise only has one tender port—Monte Carlo.

Or, you could luck out and get one of the Monte Carlo berths.  I guess it depends on how many ships in port that day. 

47 minutes ago, millybess said:

Actually I don’t mind tenders. Before I experienced one, I thought I would hate them. But they can be a lot of fun 😊

I know, but sometimes they take so long and you have to wait a while to get on one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Or, you could luck out and get one of the Monte Carlo berths.  I guess it depends on how many ships in port that day. 

I doubt it. It is showing we are the only ship there that day but can Monte Carlo's small dock handle a ship as big as a Viking Ocean vessel?

3 hours ago, DrKoob said:

I doubt it. It is showing we are the only ship there that day but can Monte Carlo's small dock handle a ship as big as a Viking Ocean vessel?

Yes.  One of our Viking Med cruises stopped there and we docked.  

15 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Monaco can handle cruise ships up to about 1,000 feet.