Internet on Enchanted Princess?

Adventures ahead

It sucks. In fact, internet sucks on all Princess ships in the same part of the world. 

Princess announced internet would be bad on our TA from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen last April. It was and they gave us $140 OBC P/P. 

No Announcement, but it wasn't much better on the follow on the cruise from Copenhagen to Southampton. .Could check texts/e-mail/web, but not stream. I requested OBC and they gave me $109/PP.

We have a cruise coming up next month to Norway/Iceland and my account already shows $160 OBC for the two of us.

BTW, we have the Plus package.

Edited by billco

31 minutes ago, billco said:

It sucks. In fact, internet sucks on all Princess ships in the same part of the world. 

Princess announced internet would be bad on our TA from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen last April. It was and they gave us $140 OBC P/P. 

No Announcement, but it wasn't much better on the follow on the cruise from Copenhagen to Southampton. .Could check texts/e-mail/web, but not stream. I requested OBC and they gave me $109/PP.

We have a cruise coming up next month to Norway/Iceland and my account already shows $160 OBC for the two of us.

We thought the internet service in March/April when it was on the Caribbean was OK. I had no trouble downloading movies and recorded  programs from my provider and from Netflix.

I also did a 2 hour + zoom call and it didn't lose signal even once. 

We also used the WhatsApp app to place phone calls, again without any problems. 

It sounds as though once the ship left Ft Lauderdale things fell apart.

36 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It sounds as though once the ship left Ft Lauderdale things fell apart.

From FLL to the Azores, the internet wasn't too bad, but went downhill rapidly the further east we got.  Once we got into the English Channel and up towards Denmark, it went to hell in a handbasket, and didn't get much better.

A crew member told me that the crew also has to pay for internet and since the passengers got it free on the TA, so did the crew.  That really clogged up the upload/download capacity and caused no one to have decent service.

Sounds like Princess needs to talk to Elon Musk and use Starlink...

Edited by DCThunder

Like any rule of thumb. The more remote the area, the less satellitetes /decent connection quality. Caribbean is the best in regards to having the better of the connection. 

On a positive note as long as I can get on to do simple things I'm good. I didn't find Alaska to be all that terrible.

2 hours ago, billco said:

I was on this cruise and about four days in it got bad and six days in it was unusable. For a while you could go to the Internet Cafe and get a slightly stronger connection, but towards the end this quit working. I had some things come up and really needed to be in touch, so it was a hassle.

I was thinking about booking another Europe cruise for Sept. or Oct., but can't until I can know the status of the Internet.

24 minutes ago, Adventures ahead said:

I was hoping that internet might be better on a newer ship but apparently it's all about the provider and 'location, location, location'!  However,  maybe the Medallion works better than when it was an add-on.

My wife and I are on this ship in Sept for

New England and Canada 

We are counting on the internet to be strong as we both need to work a little each day (ya sucks but got no choice)

🛳🤞

Hi 

Just got off Enchanted Princess this morning (Norway/Denmark itinerary)and for the most part the internet was good. 

On a couple of occasions, for a short while,  it was a bit slow, but with a little patience it wasn't a problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Hi 

Just got off Enchanted Princess this morning (Norway/Denmark itinerary)and for the most part the internet was good. 

On a couple of occasions, for a short while,  it was a bit slow, but with a little patience it wasn't a problem.

Good to hear. Thx!