Capt Club drink package discounts increased

HskrCrsr

It looks like Celebrity recently, and quietly, increased the discounts for drink packages and upgrades for various Captain's Club levels.

Old info:

image.png.425134c210c3ce6266a406feed8552f4.png

New info:

image.png.23152c3483d0620db0b2e771635a763a.png

The columns on the right are Classic, Select and Elite. Elite Plus also got a small increase.

There might have been other changes but this is what caught my attention. Peanuts perhaps but not quite nothing. It might not offset the recent price increase but dulls the pain, just like the packages themselves.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HskrCrsr said:

It looks like Celebrity recently, and quietly, increased the discounts for drink packages and upgrades for various Captain's Club levels.

Old info:

New info:

The columns on the right are Classic, Select and Elite. Elite Plus also got a small increase.

There might have been other changes but this is what caught my attention. Peanuts perhaps but not quite nothing. It might not offset the recent price increase but dulls the pain, just like the packages themselves.

image.png

Where can I find this on their website?

On 6/30/2022 at 5:15 PM, HskrCrsr said:

Old info:

New info:

image.png

I called X today to buy the classic package pre cruise and when buying online X offered a 9% savings and was hoping to get the 10% for being a classic member in addition to the online savings being offered for this cruise, but the customer service rep didnt see the 9% savings when he looked.  Will call X again tomorrow to see if they can honor the Classic tier benefit on top of the 9%.  Crossing my fingers. 

I called today as well. I was quoted $250 per person to upgrade from classic to premium. That didn’t sound right to me for an upgrade so I will call again tomorrow., but thought I’d ask here. 

We are classic members on a 12 night cruise.
With the new sale , and updated captains club benefits what should the upgrade be? I thought it was closer to $10 a day? 

Edited by son3cruisers

I believe the current upgrade cost, including gratuity, is $18. Then you should get a discount of 10% for being Classic in Capt Club. However, my planner currently shows a sale that might confuse things - they probably won't combine the discounts.

The upgrade used to cost us (precruise) $10+18%=so $11.80/day to upgrade to Premium.

We're Elite Plus so now get 15% but if the current upgrade price is $15 ($69 to $84) then 15% off of that is $12.75/pp/day + 18%.

So the percentage went up but the price went up more to offset it?

How is that a good thing?

EDIT: And now I found this:

How much is it to upgrade from classic to premium drink package on celebrity?
The upgrade charge will be $18 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity. Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship.

This is from FAQ on Celebrity.com

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 7:26 AM, chamima said:

The upgrade used to cost us (precruise) $10+18%=so $11.80/day to upgrade to Premium.

We're Elite Plus so now get 15% but if the current upgrade price is $15 ($69 to $84) then 15% off of that is $12.75/pp/day + 18%.

So the percentage went up but the price went up more to offset it?

How is that a good thing?

EDIT: And now I found this:

How much is it to upgrade from classic to premium drink package on celebrity?
The upgrade charge will be $18 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity. Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship.

This is from FAQ on Celebrity.com

Got this in an email from Celebrity today.

As a valued Elite Plus Captain’s Club member, you can enjoy 15% savings when you purchase the Classic or Premium drink package or 20% savings when you upgrade from Classic to Premium.
Call 1-800-722-5941 to redeem your savings.

So that $18 becomes $14.40  with 20% off, which is STILL more than $11.80.

I mistakenly upgraded the package (it's a long story) on one of our 2023 cruises last year at the $11.80 price so it looks like I got a bargain. I hope they'll honor it.

On 7/2/2022 at 3:59 AM, son3cruisers said:

I called today as well. I was quoted $250 per person to upgrade from classic to premium. That didn’t sound right to me for an upgrade so I will call again tomorrow., but thought I’d ask here. 

We are classic members on a 12 night cruise.
With the new sale , and updated captains club benefits what should the upgrade be? I thought it was closer to $10 a day? 

I had three quotes today! 
£1600 for 11 nights….I knew that wasn’t right! 
argued for half an hour, then got £280 (2 pax 11 nights) 

called back as the CSA insisted that only 10% savings for existing guests??? And was advised that yes, only 10% but price was £242?

who knows!

On 7/2/2022 at 3:21 AM, HskrCrsr said:

I believe the current upgrade cost, including gratuity, is $18. Then you should get a discount of 10% for being Classic in Capt Club. However, my planner currently shows a sale that might confuse things - they probably won't combine the discounts.

My planner is confusing as well. Being Elite, we should get 15% with the new pricing. We are on a cruise rate only with nothing included. Premium Package offer in the planner is showing regular price of $84 with a discount of 9% so we can purchase in advance for $69. Where does the 15% figure in. Is it off the $84 or the $69? The Classic non-alcoholic package is already showing a 17% discount, so where would the 15% benefit be on that one. Confusing numbers here. If anyone has purchased recently, please update. Thanks.

A few weeks ago (right after the price increase), on the cruise planner the price to upgrade from classic to premium was $16.80 (including gratuity) per person per day for my spring 2023 cruise, now it is $17.10 (including gratuity) for that same cruise and I see the FAQ now mentions an upgrade price of $18 (including gratuity).  I have no idea what price to believe.  I become elite after a cruise this fall so have held off purchasing the upgrade for next year's cruise but maybe I should have just bought it earlier.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

A few weeks ago (right after the price increase), on the cruise planner the price to upgrade from classic to premium was $16.80 (including gratuity) per person per day for my spring 2023 cruise, now it is $17.10 (including gratuity) for that same cruise and I see the FAQ now mentions an upgrade price of $18 (including gratuity).  I have no idea what price to believe.  I become elite after a cruise this fall so have held off purchasing the upgrade for next year's cruise but maybe I should have just bought it earlier.....

Us too. 
waited a week too late as I was 3 points away from Elite and due 5 bonus CC points 

I called yesterday in response to a 4th of July special sale email sent this past weekend.  I'm 17 points away from Elite and received a GREAT discount on my upgrade from Classic to Premium!   It was worth the 40-minute hold time on the phone.   

Just keep looking at the website and your emails.   Celebrity seems to quietly sneak changes all the time! 

On 7/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, cujimmy said:

My planner is confusing as well. Being Elite, we should get 15% with the new pricing. We are on a cruise rate only with nothing included. Premium Package offer in the planner is showing regular price of $84 with a discount of 9% so we can purchase in advance for $69. Where does the 15% figure in. Is it off the $84 or the $69? The Classic non-alcoholic package is already showing a 17% discount, so where would the 15% benefit be on that one. Confusing numbers here. If anyone has purchased recently, please update. Thanks.

We (2) are Elite and pre cruise. About 3 weeks ago we upgraded from Classic to Premium Beverage Package and this is what we were charged: $9/day/person for 8 day cruise was $144 and total grat. for 8 days was $25.92......$169.92 total. I think we got a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

I have been trying to upgrade the beverage package on my cruise online for weeks but kept getting an error when adding it to the cart. I had a big shock today to see it had gone up so much and did not know they had done a price increase on the upgrade.

I gave them a call and said about not being able to book it etc and I want to get it at the earlier price. 50 mins later and supervisor involved, they told me that I had to provide a screenshot of the original price. Of course I did not have that and only of the error I kept getting, they would not budge and I hung up. 

I was subsequently trying to find any info I had on the original price with no luck. I was also playing about with the planner when I clicked on recently viewed (at the top) and there it was in its original price on the dropdown. Quick screenshot and call later and got the original price.

Very happy and a good tip for anyone else needing a screenshot of an original price of something in the planner.

22 minutes ago, roked said:

I have been trying to upgrade the beverage package on my cruise online for weeks but kept getting an error when adding it to the cart. I had a big shock today to see it had gone up so much and did not know they had done a price increase on the upgrade.

I gave them a call and said about not being able to book it etc and I want to get it at the earlier price. 50 mins later and supervisor involved, they told me that I had to provide a screenshot of the original price. Of course I did not have that and only of the error I kept getting, they would not budge and I hung up. 

I was subsequently trying to find any info I had on the original price with no luck. I was also playing about with the planner when I clicked on recently viewed (at the top) and there it was in its original price on the dropdown. Quick screenshot and call later and got the original price.

Very happy and a good tip for anyone else needing a screenshot of an original price of something in the planner.

How did you show them the screenshot?  I am in the same situation...I've been trying to book online and always get an error message. I'm now on my third phone call to customer service and have been on hold for almost 2 hours while they wait for a supervisor.  I do have a screenshot of the $12 per day upgrade price. 

I am on day three of trying to call.  So far I've probably tried at least a half of dozen times and wasted over 10 hours with no first response yet .... But I do keep getting the e-mails telling me to call before the deals expire!  HaHa

3 hours ago, MaineCruiser07 said:

How did you show them the screenshot?  I am in the same situation...I've been trying to book online and always get an error message. I'm now on my third phone call to customer service and have been on hold for almost 2 hours while they wait for a supervisor.  I do have a screenshot of the $12 per day upgrade price. 

I had to do it while on the phone with the second agent. I did ask the first time around if I could have an email address to send it (if I found something) and they said no, I had to call.

The agent I spoke to then emailed me, which had her direct email address at celebrity, to which I replied with the screenshot. Only took a couple of mins to exchange the emails. 

Good luck, hope you get it sorted. 

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I am on day three of trying to call.  So far I've probably tried at least a half of dozen times and wasted over 10 hours with no first response yet .... But I do keep getting the e-mails telling me to call before the deals expire!  HaHa

I guess either I was lucky in the UK or there is no issue with calling here. The first call was answered in 10 mins, the 2nd one was answered in under a minute. Maybe try the UK number if it does not cost you too much to call.

Edited by roked

1 hour ago, roked said:

I had to do it while on the phone with the second agent. I did ask the first time around if I could have an email address to send it (if I found something) and they said no, I had to call.

The agent I spoke to then emailed me, which had her direct email address at celebrity, to which I replied with the screenshot. Only took a couple of mins to exchange the emails. 

Good luck, hope you get it sorted. 

Thanks!  Two phone calls later, I finally got on the line with a supervisor. She gave me an email address and I sent her the screenshots of the online price while on the phone. She did give me the price it showed on the website, but would not do the additional 10% off for Captain's Club.  By that point I was tired of dealing with it and took what she offered!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roked said:

I guess either I was lucky in the UK or there is no issue with calling here. The first call was answered in 10 mins, the 2nd one was answered in under a minute. Maybe try the UK number if it does not cost you too much to call.

What number did you call? I called and went through to US - and then was put on hold.

2 hours ago, waggie said:

What number did you call? I called and went through to US - and then was put on hold.

03444932043, first time I think I was put through to the US, at least the person answering had an American accent, the 2nd time was British for sure

57 minutes ago, roked said:

03444932043, first time I think I was put through to the US, at least the person answering had an American accent, the 2nd time was British for sure

Thank you for that. I rang an 0808 number and the call transferred to US. I will try tomorrow.