Mardi Gras Spa

fozzy1975

29 minutes ago, nycny said:

YES - you can use the thermal lounge and other amenities.  The front desk will give you a special key card that opens the door to that area.

Are you answering from personal experience on the MardiGras? 

19 minutes ago, nycny said:

If that question was for me - yes.  I was on the Mardi Gras this Spring and used the spa regularly.

The reason for the question is usually a spa treatment like a massage doesn't include using the thermal suite. If you had a whole cruise spa pass that would account for getting access to it after your treatment. But in most cases if you didn't have a Spa Pass you wouldn't be able to use the thermal suite. They would have you change in the locker room and meet you in the lounge/waiting area. After your treatment they take you back to that same lounge. The OP's question specifically asks about using the Thermal Suite after a treatment which assumes they won't have a weekly Thermal Suite pass. 

Kwokpot (excellent username) - After reading your latest post I am now doubting myself and did some googling and see that there are lots of different answers.  All I can report is that the spa desk gave us the access card when we asked after our each of our massages for no additional cost and after our technicians brought us back to waiting area we went upstairs up to the spa desk to get a key card.  Combined I think we had about 9 treatments during the cruise and both my friend and I got the access card even when we did treatments at different times.

2 minutes ago, nycny said:

Kwokpot (excellent username) - After reading your latest post I am now doubting myself and did some googling and see that there are lots of different answers.  All I can report is that the spa desk gave us the access card when we asked after our each of our massages for no additional cost and after our technicians brought us back to waiting area we went upstairs up to the spa desk to get a key card.  Combined I think we had about 9 treatments during the cruise and both my friend and I got the access card even when we did treatments at different times.

Well if that's the case then that's good to hear. Based on your response it doesn't seem like you had a weekly pass then. And wow, that's great you had so many massages!

As an aside my screen name is a play on words of my middle name, which is part of my Chinese name. 'Kwok' is Cantonese for country. Kwokpot was a nickname given to me a long time ago when I worked in a discount store during High School. My friends and I all worked at this store and I happed to work at the Small Appliances area, and yes I sold crockpots. So one of my friends, who knew my middle name, called me 'kwokpot' and ever since I use this nickname for various things. Now you know!  

• Like 2