NCL Joy - recent review

umpisoccer

Has anyone sailed on the NCL Joy out of New York recently?  Any thoughts or  reviews of embarkation, entertainment,  shows, comedy, capacity, etc. would be greatly appreciated.   We sail July 10th on the Joy for our 29th anniversary. 

I did a live here and also a blog from my June 12th cruise.  alpacamybagsblog dot com should find it for you.  I didn't do the last day leaving and final thoughts so I think I'll post that today!

On 7/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, umpisoccer said:

Has anyone sailed on the NCL Joy out of New York recently?  Any thoughts or  reviews of embarkation, entertainment,  shows, comedy, capacity, etc. would be greatly appreciated.   We sail July 10th on the Joy for our 29th anniversary. 

I am also on the 10th 🙂 If you have Facebook, join the Norwegian Joy group - tons of reviews from the last few sailings. There is also a separate group specifically for our sailing. 

Hi, we sailed on Joy out of New York 19th June, embarkation was chaotic, we had a 10.30 to 11.00am slot & turned up at 10.45, we did not have priority boarding & got onto the ship at 12.30. The first 2 queues weren’t too bad, they checked passports, Bermuda docs, vaccinations & negative Covid tests, the longest queue was to pick up the boarding cards, most people were in good spirits but there was a lot of people there & we understand on that cruise there was around 3300 people & the numbers on the cruise are going up weekly. An announcement was made at 1pm to say all cabins were ready, luggage appeared an hour or so later, so if you want something to change into pack some hand luggage.

2 main shows in the theatre were Elements & Footloose, you have to book these, we did that as soon as we got on board, deck 6, in the Social, opposite Teppanyaki, they had paper copies of what was on & staff there to take your booking, this took no time at all.

Elements was on Monday & Tuesday at 7pm & again at 9.30pm for approx an hour, a really good show, everyone gave them a standing ovation.

Footloose on Friday & Saturday, 7pm & 10pm, this was around 1 hour & 30 or 40mins, it was good, but we were getting fidgety towards the end, not as good as Elements, but glad we saw it.

if you are going to the theatre either take a full drink with you or get there early as drinks service stops around 15 mins before the start of the shows.

hope this helps a little.

enjoy your cruise, we loved it.

Happy Anniversary.