Scenic Isles of Scotland 9-17 June

This is a shortish sum-up of our recent cruise.

We had LFT before boarding once on board masks weren't required. Ports were Belfast, Rothsay, , Portree, Invergordon and Kirkwall.  Rothsay was missed due to bad weather wasn't surprised as it was choppy. The weather was disappointing overcast with showers but we enjoyed the cruise.

Didn't seem to be any shortage of staff in the bars etc our cabin was serviced twice a day with a nightly turn-down service with choccy on the pillow and fresh towels. Food was satisfactory, hot when it was supposed to be.  Plenty of hand sanitisers and of course the "whirl sink" when entering the buffet.  Most of the crew were wearing mask but very few passengers (we didn't) We went one evening to Colours & Taste which we pre-booked before boarding it was one of the best meals  we've ever had for the main I had the lobster croquette my husband had the sirloin steak we couldn't finish them they were so big!

We went to Neptune Lounge for the Show/Entertainers  in the evening.  The magician was Martin Daniels who we liked and a pianist/singer who was IMO OK but not really to our taste but popular with others on board.  Then to the Crows Nest and took part in the quiz and stayed to listen to the house band and have a dance unfortunately Funky Blue were not on this cruise we really liked them on our previous FO cruises they played our sort of music. The band in their place was Oceans Trio and it was their first week on board some nights they were better than others (being polite) so perhaps trying to get an idea of what people liked.

We were really looking forward to the cruise and it did not disappoint.  We don't have another cruise booked at the moment but just watching how things progress travel wise.

Ask anything if you think I can help.

• Like 2

Many thanks for the review.  We are on the Balmoral at the end of September to it's good to know they also have a colours and tastes restaurant.  The attention given by staff on the Bolette's C&T was awesome.  

On 7/2/2022 at 3:58 PM, July morning said:

We had LFT before boarding once on board masks weren't required

How did you do that. The web page is now stating to do it at home and bring the result as an email or the “ cassette”. Are people actually taking the little plastic boxes with them? Thanks.

I've just seen you question and while we were on board the trace bands were still in use I just carried mine in a small bag that I use on cruises which they said was acceptable and my husband had his in his pocket which is what most people were doing.

They're a bit big and clumsy too big for my wrist anyway

About the LFT they have changed the rules since we came home there is information on FO  covid guide before you go. We always travel to the port (anywhere) the day before and personally after reading FO's guide  I would take a LFT before leaving home (as we did this time) and take another in my toilet bag for us to use before leaving the hotel.  They do say you can use the free NHS ones that you have at home taking the cassette with you 😉

Edited by July morning
Spelling
  • Thanks 1