Cape Liberty the day before a cruise

DW and I are sailing out of Cape Liberty in September for 9 nights.  We live in CT and it's about a 2.5 hour drive to port.  After reading various recent reports of parking issues,  traffic getting into the port, and with the way Connecticut traffic has often been the last couple of years,  we're considering driving down the day before.  Any suggestions on park-and-cruise packages are nearby hotels?  How does one book such a package?  I've checked various hotel sites and can't find where to book the package.  Also, I'm assuming we'd have to take a Uber/Lyft from the hotel to the port - do taxis and ride shares get to drive directly into the port even if there is a big backup of people who are parking on site, or do they have to wait in the traffic with everyone else?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

1 hour ago, Cruising KPs said:

DW and I are sailing out of Cape Liberty in September for 9 nights.  We live in CT and it's about a 2.5 hour drive to port.  After reading various recent reports of parking issues,  traffic getting into the port, and with the way Connecticut traffic has often been the last couple of years,  we're considering driving down the day before.  Any suggestions on park-and-cruise packages are nearby hotels?  How does one book such a package?  I've checked various hotel sites and can't find where to book the package.  Also, I'm assuming we'd have to take a Uber/Lyft from the hotel to the port - do taxis and ride shares get to drive directly into the port even if there is a big backup of people who are parking on site, or do they have to wait in the traffic with everyone else?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Look at trinityreservations.com for packages. Typically shuttle service to and from the port is included.

8 hours ago, Cruising KPs said:

do taxis and ride shares get to drive directly into the port even if there is a big backup of people who are parking on site, or do they have to wait in the traffic with everyone else?

You will wait in traffic, when it occurs, be it your vehicle or a hired one. 

The last 2 miles of the approach to the terminal at Cape Liberty is not well paved and poorly marked. Immediately in front of the terminal, the road expands to two lanes. All vehicles must pass by the luggage drop zone, regardless if they stop to utilize it, before going to the parking garage or parking lots.

Due to autos being stopped until spots in the luggage zone become available, this causes traffic. There is no traffic, no back up if you arrive before 10:45. People expect to arrive at the time of their preference or most convenient to them and expect to not be delayed. If you arrive outside of your preferred arrival time you wont encounter traffic. 

I have sailed 5 times from Bayonne since last October and the new scheduled boarding appointment times has greatly reduced the vehicle backups I witnessed in previous years. My last cruise I arrived at 12:35, encountered no delay except for the usual wait pre luggage zone. Much to my surprise, I was directed to park in the garage, which was not allowed for drivers who had arrived earlier that day. When the ship departed, there will spaces available on the top deck of the garage, this being with 3 ships sailing out of Bayonne that week.

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked on the same cruise and reserved at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson.

Traveling in from Harrisburg ,Pa the day before

Looks like it is a few miles away. Our rate was under $300

Don't know the parking situation as we are getting a limo for 4 people.