B2B testing in Italy

goofysmom99

Final payment is in 13 days for B2B from Italy.  I hadn't been terribly concerned about onboard testing since US eliminated testing requirement to return home.  However, since Italian Minister of Health seems to have reinstituted quarantining this past week, I'm now experiencing serious angst.  I don't fear getting sick, however I am anxious re quarantining solo somewhere in Italy.  If I were to test positive, I assume X would have to inform immigration.  Then would that mean I get off and quarantine, or will it be the reverse of Bananavana's Eastbound TA saga where she couldn't get off (meaning I take the TA home and quarantine onboard)?  Does Italy have a no-fly list?  Seriously.  I don't want to have to take a train to Spain to stay mainly on a plane, or something equally absurd.  I have drilled down on every roll call, forum and govt release I can find.  Arghh!  I want to go, but not sure what direction I should be looking for contingency planning.  

BTW, doubt anyone has answers yet.  I'm just venting.  Thirteen days isn't much time.

• Like 1

You are correct none of us know.   But all of the B2B's I've heard from in the last month have been required to do B2B testing, regardless of U.S. or Europe or Southampton or Italy. 

I would count on being tested and breath a sigh of relief if they drop it by cruise date. 

Having tested positive on a B2B in April I can tell you that it's nerve racking.   I had done a self test the night before negative so was shocked when I tested positive.

Best you can do is continue to monitor the requirements in Italy and hope for the best.    Luckily the UK had dropped all quarantine requirements so we were on our own but did have to test to go home and we tested positive for 11 days.

Edited by Jim_Iain