270 day rule for vaccinations

canico

Due to sail from Southampton on the 29th August. Our sailing dates mean three of our party do not meet the 270 requirement for vaccination status despite having had three Covid vaccinations. This must be an issue for other UK passengers? Is this a problem? In the UK we cannot get private Covid Vaccinations. 

3 hours ago, canico said:

Due to sail from Southampton on the 29th August. Our sailing dates mean three of our party do not meet the 270 requirement for vaccination status despite having had three Covid vaccinations. This must be an issue for other UK passengers? Is this a problem? In the UK we cannot get private Covid Vaccinations. 

Hello,

Generally the 270 days refers to the two primary doses (or 1 for J&J) ie not including the booster. There is currently no expiry date or period on the booster. You say you have had three vaccinations so that's probably the two 'originals' and one booster so you should be OK.

Regards,

Cublet

It is my understanding that, in the EU guidance adopted by many European countries, the 270 days is counted from the time of your last primary vaccination not from the time of any booster.

The proof of vaccination should show that at least 14 days and no more than 270 days have passed since the last dose of the primary vaccination series or that the person has received a booster i.e. 3rd dose - exceptions apply for persons under the age of 18.

So if all in your party have received a booster, which you imply, then they should be considered "fully vaccinated" even if that booster was received more than 270 days prior to embarkation.

If in doubt check with your cruise line and check the entry requirements for each country to be visited.

Yes, as others have said, the rules seem to be that you either have to have had your second primary vaccine within 270 days  or you have had your booster at any time. So if your party members have all had a booster they should be fine.

Following on from my last post, found this explanation on the Royal Caribbean website which is the clearest explanation I have seen. This applies to sailings from Europe. My next cruise is at the end of September so who knows what the rules will be then!

To be considered up to date by all European countries we sail to, your vaccination must meet both of the following requirements:

1. You received your final dose in your original two-dose vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson) no more than 9 months (270 days) ago, or a booster dose. Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster.