Stags & Hens

Have seen posts on a few cruise forums of quite large groups of ladies on Marella cruises posting lots of pics about their great time on board. I never ever thought it may be hen nights until a few days ago when a guy posted that a party of 42, him and his mates mates were having a stag do on a Marella cruise in a few days time. Their aim is to drink the ship dry.

Needless to say there was lots of comments about the wisdom of allowing this on a cruise. I know Marella allow groups of people to cruise together but didn't think they would accept such a large group of males on board on one booking. 

Perhaps they all booked two at a time so that it wouldn't be picked up.

Glad I'm not on that cruise !

Is this the latest thing. Stags and Hens on AI cruises ?

3 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

Have seen posts on a few cruise forums of quite large groups of ladies on Marella cruises posting lots of pics about their great time on board. I never ever thought it may be hen nights until a few days ago when a guy posted that a party of 42, him and his mates mates were having a stag do on a Marella cruise in a few days time. Their aim is to drink the ship dry.

Needless to say there was lots of comments about the wisdom of allowing this on a cruise. I know Marella allow groups of people to cruise together but didn't think they would accept such a large group of males on board on one booking. 

Perhaps they all booked two at a time so that it wouldn't be picked up.

Glad I'm not on that cruise !

Is this the latest thing. Stags and Hens on AI cruises ?

On that Posting. I was the one that approved his post about the 42 Stags, I thought a lot of the comments were very amusing. Marella Explorer 😁

• Haha 1

When booking my September discovery cruise the TA was surprised that all the inside singles were booked but there was good availability on outsides. If there are any shenanigans they will be off the ship pronto

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brummijam said:

People going on a cruise to enjoy themselves…….Who would have thought it?🤦🏻

At other passengers expense - if they are talking about drinking the ship dry and it’s a stag do it will be disruptive.

if it is I hope they get kicked off the ship asap.

• Like 2

It’s all “ What if’s “  Not really worth wasting our energy on. I have been on stag does that have had our vicar asleep. I am sure security will sort out any disruptive behaviour, that’s their job.🤷🏻

41 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

It’s all “ What if’s “  Not really worth wasting our energy on. I have been on stag does that have had our vicar asleep. I am sure security will sort out any disruptive behaviour, that’s their job.🤷🏻

A “drink the ship dry” comment does not indicate a quiet civilised get together.

It needs to be stamped on quickly otherwise it will ruin peoples holidays and may happen on other cruises.

This happened on p&o a while ago when the prices were massively reduced on one cruise at short notice resulting in large groups of drunken youths booking at the last minute causing trouble and spoiling things for others.

Yep security will hopefully be able to sort anything out.

let’s see what happens - I expect someone will let us know.

Edited by paulatsea

This happened on p&o a while ago when the prices were massively reduced on one cruise at short notice resulting in large groups of drunken youths booking at the last minute causing trouble and spoiling things for others.

To be honest I have never seen even small groups of youths on any cruise, it’s just not their thing.

I have witnessed people who have had one too many but they are predominantly in the sixty plus age group.

(It’s called enjoying yourself)  😉

Edited by Brummijam

54 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

This happened on p&o a while ago when the prices were massively reduced on one cruise at short notice resulting in large groups of drunken youths booking at the last minute causing trouble and spoiling things for others.

To be honest I have never seen even small groups of youths on any cruise, it’s just not their thing.

I have witnessed people who have had one too many but they are predominantly in the sixty plus age group.

Neither have I so far.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:09 PM, paulatsea said:

Sounds horrendous - feel sorry for the staff as well as other customers.

which cruise is this ?

I scrolled back to try to find the post but couldn't find it. He may have deleted it as there was a lot of negative comments on it. Don't think he got the response he was hoping for.  Although a handful of people thought it was funny , most disapproved 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Sad to say I have seen a few people who have overindulged. Have also witnessed two fights. One between two men on the Celebration and one between two women in the laundry room on the Spirit and I don't mean just arguing, I men real fisticuffs. Have also seen a domestic. Woman was so drunk she could hardly stand and cursing and swearing at her other half. Hardly what I would call enjoying yourself.

Have also heard of a whole family being thrown off the ship a few years ago for fighting. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Nancy.

Was drink involved in the laundry room fight ? Because I never managed to find the bar  down there.😂 
Just an observation but the incident’s in your post involved more women out of control than men.

Keep well.😉

With the number of people on a ship and the trouble mentioned is minimal, less than 00.2% of the 1000000s that cruise. People are only human 80% of people are not confrontational and will live peacefully with others then there is the other 20% who like to wind people up when they can..its human nature I'm afraid, and it's a proven fact. I am pleased to say I'm in the 80% of the peaceful peoples. Make love not war 😍

• Thanks 1

Good morning RR.

The reason that we choose cruise holidays more than land based holidays is because the guests are a similar age range to us and with age usually comes maturity.

As said in a previous post we have never seen any rude,aggressive or confrontational behaviour onboard. Plenty of tipsy people enjoying themselves 😜🥂but isn’t that what it’s all about?  If stag and hen parties are onboard and as long as their behaviour isn’t causing problems with other guests or staff what’s the problem. Surely we should act upon what we know and not on what We assume.

Anyways keep well.😉

3 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Good morning RR.

The reason that we choose cruise holidays more than land based holidays is because the guests are a similar age range to us and with age usually comes maturity.

As said in a previous post we have never seen any rude,aggressive or confrontational behaviour onboard. Plenty of tipsy people enjoying themselves 😜🥂but isn’t that what it’s all about?  If stag and hen parties are onboard and as long as their behaviour isn’t causing problems with other guests or staff what’s the problem. Surely we should act upon what we know and not on what We assume.

Anyways keep well.😉

Wise words.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Nancy.

Was drink involved in the laundry room fight ? Because I never managed to find the bar  down there.😂 
Just an observation but the incident’s in your post involved more women out of control than men.

Keep well.😉

The women in the laundry room didn't need drink the were bad enough without it. The altercation started because a woman took another woman's laundry out of the dryer and dumped it on top of the machine. A right old barney ensued. 

Agree that more women than men are often the worst for wear. Alcohol and hormones. Feel sorry for the husbands 🤣 

2 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

The women in the laundry room didn't need drink the were bad enough without it. The altercation started because a woman took another woman's laundry out of the dryer and dumped it on top of the machine. A right old barney ensued. 

Agree that more women than men are often the worst for wear. Alcohol and hormones. Feel sorry for the husbands 🤣 

There have been reports of similar incidents on P&O. the problem is many do not know that there is an

etiquette in using a launderette. It is OK to remove someones finished washing from a machine and place it in a dry safe place, those not used to this generally complain 🙄

5 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

So there’s the answer then, Leave the stag parties in peace and ban women.😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2