Venice the Adriatic and Greece 3rd September for 7 days

madhatterh

Hi all

slightly confused I am from the UK and trying to follow Viking Covid rules.  We start in Greece (Athens) and per the Covid rules on Viking it says we need a pre Covid negative test to enter Greece.  However, when I go on the Foreign Office site it says we do not.  

Anyone have any ideas whether this just set by Viking, tried the helpline and cannot get through.

Any help appreciated.

Bill & Heather

If you go into your My Viking Journey and then go into Before you go and pre departure requirements there is a list of requirements .

Go through to the section Greece and you will find the link that explains that Greece requires a Covid test for cruise ship departures.

I am also from the UK and found this surprising especially as there is no mention of this on the UK Gov site.

However there was a cruise review on here that stated they were tested at the port because they hadn’t had a test.

keep an eye on MVJ because things could change by September.

It appears this is just for cruise Ships 😥

Edited by cruisinchrissy

6 hours ago, cruisinchrissy said:

It appears this is just for cruise Ships

Yes.  We don’t sail from Greece until February, but I have been monitoring this. We will be doing the Athens pre-cruise extension, and Viking says this:

Note: If you are on a pre-extension, you will be provided with the necessary tests to meet Greece’s testing requirement
for cruise travelers before you board the ship

We did that cruise + the Rome to Venice portion--was fantastic. If you do the same 3 Athens excursions we did (Delphi, Mycennae, Acropolis), you'll love them. Delphi was particularly great.

If it were me, I'd just get the rapid test the day before, have it printed and available, just in case... it takes about 10 minutes, isn't expensive, and may save you some aggro.

8 hours ago, madhatterh said:

Hi all

slightly confused I am from the UK and trying to follow Viking Covid rules.  We start in Greece (Athens) and per the Covid rules on Viking it says we need a pre Covid negative test to enter Greece.  However, when I go on the Foreign Office site it says we do not.  

Anyone have any ideas whether this just set by Viking, tried the helpline and cannot get through.

Any help appreciated.

Bill & Heather

Hi Bill and Heather, 

We are on that cruise as well. You should drop by the roll call:

We are on the 21 night voyage from Athens to Barcelona (Tarragona). Every one else on this thread is correct. You don't need a test to fly into Athens, just to board the cruise ship. If you are doing the Viking pre-cruise extension, the FAQ on the Viking site said that they will take care of your testing while at the hotel. 

Looking forward to seeing you on the roll call or onboard.

Jim