Can anyone tell me about band Xtasea on Caribbean Princess?

KKB

They are listed as "House band"

Can anyone tell me what kind of music they play?

Wedding band assortment? (that's a compliment--songs from 60s-today that get everyone on the floor)

Thanks!

1 minute ago, 1emerald1 said:

They are awesome!  They were on the Ruby I took probably 7 years ago or so.  I keep hoping to see them on cruises after that one, but no luck.  What ship are you going on?

They place rock, reggae and music to dance by.

• Like 1

They were good.  I was just on the Caribbean.  I would say they were kind of 90's themed, and they've got soul.  They played the parties on the top deck, and they did a better job of partying than we, the passengers did.  Of all the house bands and singers on board, they were the best.  Arguably better than the Princess theater singers, too--they were stiff; Xtasea was not.

Although...for the best instrumentalist, I have to go with the steel drums guy.  It's the Caribbean Princess.  That guy needed more bands behind him and stuff.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

They are awesome!  They were on the Ruby I took probably 7 years ago or so.  I keep hoping to see them on cruises after that one, but no luck.  What ship are you going on?

Caribbean Princess Saturday for 2 weeks

I assume you will get the same cruise directors on the Caribbean Princess.  Their highlights were the game show "Liar, Liar" in the Explorers Lounge, and the Movies Trivia night in Explorers on the last night of the cruise; featuring the cruise directors who act out the movie scenes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

I assume you will get the same cruise directors on the Caribbean Princess.  Their highlights were the game show "Liar, Liar" in the Explorers Lounge, and the Movies Trivia night in Explorers on the last night of the cruise; featuring the cruise directors who act out the movie scenes.

We love game shows & trivia--but that movie trivia night sounds like a hoot! We won't miss it!

When you watch them act out Jaws (and who cares that I gave away the answer--it's obvious it is Jaws), you will be like, "Oh my gosh, what in the world did I just walk in to?"

For Liar Liar, I will say this:   the words "Pharmacist" and "Farm Assist" sound exactly the same.