Schiphol Transfers

I'll be flying Air France (Delta) from Seattle to Amsterdam and then KLM from Amsterdam to Copenhagen at the end of August, booked using RCL's Air2Sea.  This is the first time in over . . . umm, lots of years, that I've done a transfer in a European airport.  It's my understanding that my checked bag will (hopefully!) be transferred to my connecting flight, and that all I have to do is get myself and my carryon to the next gate.  I don't go through Customs/Immigration until I reach Copenhagen, right?  I have about a 2-hour layover, and am hoping that since I'll be beyond the security "curtain" that I won't have a security line to contend with --- right?

1 hour ago, IRMO12HD said:

I'll be flying Air France (Delta) from Seattle to Amsterdam and then KLM from Amsterdam to Copenhagen at the end of August, booked using RCL's Air2Sea.  This is the first time in over . . . umm, lots of years, that I've done a transfer in a European airport.  It's my understanding that my checked bag will (hopefully!) be transferred to my connecting flight, and that all I have to do is get myself and my carryon to the next gate.  I don't go through Customs/Immigration until I reach Copenhagen, right?  I have about a 2-hour layover, and am hoping that since I'll be beyond the security "curtain" that I won't have a security line to contend with --- right?

You will go through immigration in Amsterdam, (since you enter a Schengen country) luggage will go through to Copenhagen and you will go through customs there. No security check, so you will be fine if all flights are on time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ine said:

You will go through immigration in Amsterdam, (since you enter a Schengen country) luggage will go through to Copenhagen and you will go through customs there. No security check, so you will be fine if all flights are on time. 

Thank you!

• Like 1