Flights By Celebrity - Newbie Question

lx200gps

We're looking into possibly using FBC for flights to and from FLL next May to get us to the Equinox. Our usual flights are way overpriced using frequent flyer points which is how we usually fly, and the Celebrity website is showing some amazingly (and worryingly) low cash prices for the itineraries we are looking at. Problem is, when I try book the flights on the X site, the "Select" button is grayed out. We are 325 days out, which I realize is early, though the desired flights do show up, even showing a steep discount off the "regular" price, but is it still too far out to book?  If so, approximately when would they open up for actual booking? Or does the booking have to be done by X or our TA? Thanks in advance...

Edited by lx200gps

Our TA booked one of our flights for our November San Juan cruise.  Celebrity has had good discounts on the prices that's for sure....and there's the advantage of being able to cancel until final payment.  

10 minutes ago, tartana said:

Our TA booked one of our flights for our November San Juan cruise.  Celebrity has had good discounts on the prices that's for sure....and there's the advantage of being able to cancel until final payment.  

Thanks. Free cancellation until final payment is very good (though not as good as Princess EZAir, which IIRC is 45 days out) The prices FBC are showing from Montreal to FLL are amazingly good, far less than AC is showing, so I'd hate to pass them up....

• Like 1

I have booked flights through FBC a few times.  I find the flights I like, times, connections, etc.  Then I call FBC and have all that info.  The rep will look the flight up, quote a price and I then book on the phone.  They email me the confirmation as well as an updated invoice for the entire cruise while we’re on the phone.  For our upcoming flights this fall, he selected seats after asking what we wanted - I can, of course, go in with the locator # and change seats if I want.

15 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We're looking into possibly using FBC for flights to and from FLL next May to get us to the Equinox. Our usual flights are way overpriced using frequent flyer points which is how we usually fly, and the Celebrity website is showing some amazingly (and worryingly) low cash prices for the itineraries we are looking at. Problem is, when I try book the flights on the X site, the "Select" button is grayed out. We are 325 days out, which I realize is early, though the desired flights do show up, even showing a steep discount off the "regular" price, but is it still too far out to book?  If so, approximately when would they open up for actual booking? Or does the booking have to be done by X or our TA? Thanks in advance...

Traditionally FBC has given people good prices on long haul and one way trips. They usually are not competitive with flights to FLL, especially from larger airports in the US and Canada, because their pricing is not that co petit I’ve with Jet Blie, Spirit, SW, etc. Ehat sort of prices they could give for a smaller regional airport to FLL, I don’t know.

Right now, a consolidator like FBC is just a problem because of all the flight cancellations, read the thread about missing the cruise - that May resolve by next May. I would wait to make any flights if I possible coyld

43 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Traditionally FBC has given people good prices on long haul and one way trips. They usually are not competitive with flights to FLL, especially from larger airports in the US and Canada, because their pricing is not that co petit I’ve with Jet Blie, Spirit, SW, etc. Ehat sort of prices they could give for a smaller regional airport to FLL, I don’t know.

Right now, a consolidator like FBC is just a problem because of all the flight cancellations, read the thread about missing the cruise - that May resolve by next May. I would wait to make any flights if I possible coyld

That's why I'm questioning their quoted price, believe me I know how popular FLL can be at times. FBC clearly shows a price of $459 return/pp when the "regular" price from the airline site (Air Canada) is north of $700. The FBC page even shows $709 with a red line through it and the discounted price below.  I think I will hit up our hard-working TA who booked the cruise for us and see what she can do. Given all the upheaval in the airlines these days, the flexibility in booking with FBC, and the ability to hold off payment until 90 days pre-cruise, is very tempting.

• Like 1

Doesn't the current promotion include an air discount?   Maybe this is what you are seeing?  The discounted fare is not going to be available with your existing reservation.   Another thing to remember with FBC is after final payment there is a FBC cancel/change fee of $200 pp in addition to any airline fees.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Doesn't the current promotion include an air discount?   Maybe this is what you are seeing?  The discounted fare is not going to be available with your existing reservation.   Another thing to remember with FBC is after final payment there is a FBC cancel/change fee of $200 pp in addition to any airline fees.

Interesting point, I'll have to look into that, thanks for  mentioning it. We did book this just a few weeks ago and I don't actually remember whether the discounted flights were included or not.  Another question for our TA. And yes, I'm aware of the cancellation payment, though it's actually $270/pp for us Canadians.

T&C from the current promo looks like $200 pp discount for Caribbean but must be paid for at time of booking so no advantage of waiting until final payment.

Airfare Offer: Airfare Offer applies to all guests in the stateroom on any category on an Offer Cruise and provides $100 to $500 USD off market economy airfare rates per person, on flights from all North American gateways purchased on Flights by Celebrity only (“Air Credit”). Air Credit is per person and varies by cruise destination; $100 pp for Mexico Riviera, Canal, Coastal, Bermuda and Transatlantic sailings; $200 pp for Caribbean and Alaska sailings; $300 pp for, South America, Australia sailings; $500 pp for Europe sailings. To redeem, guest must book Offer Cruise during the Offer Period on celebrity.com or contact their travel professional and book flights on flightsbycelebrity.com. Cruise booking number is required to purchase air travel. Full payment of airfare required at time of booking. Airfare Offer is only available on select airlines, routes, and fare types

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, wrk2cruise said:

T&C from the current promo looks like $200 pp discount for Caribbean but must be paid for at time of booking so no advantage of waiting until final payment.

Airfare Offer: Airfare Offer applies to all guests in the stateroom on any category on an Offer Cruise and provides $100 to $500 USD off market economy airfare rates per person, on flights from all North American gateways purchased on Flights by Celebrity only (“Air Credit”). Air Credit is per person and varies by cruise destination; $100 pp for Mexico Riviera, Canal, Coastal, Bermuda and Transatlantic sailings; $200 pp for Caribbean and Alaska sailings; $300 pp for, South America, Australia sailings; $500 pp for Europe sailings. To redeem, guest must book Offer Cruise during the Offer Period on celebrity.com or contact their travel professional and book flights on flightsbycelebrity.com. Cruise booking number is required to purchase air travel. Full payment of airfare required at time of booking. Airfare Offer is only available on select airlines, routes, and fare types

Although that is what the T&C say, that hasn't been my experience.  I just used FBC to book air on several cruises both 3 weeks ago and last week - the prices were significantly lower than booking direct with the airline (as above the red strike through price matched airline pricing) and the pay later (e.g. @ final payment) option was available.

I used to avoid FBC, but the recent deals (including flights I booked almost 11 months ago for a cruise that leaves this month) have been too good to pass up.

Mike

• 2 months later...

I just called FBC for my Galapagos cruise. They did not have all the flights available that I could book by myself. I get $750. To spend on flights through the cruise package I purchased. If I reject their options and book my own flights, they give me a $500. credit per person. I asked why all the options available were not offered to me, the agent said the airlines don’t release all of the options and/or it doesn’t fit with their airport transfers. So I have to decide if I want control over my airline bookings for about $250. per person. The real issue is they are not offering me a non-stop home and I know the flight exists.