Native Choice Tour - Will we make it on time?

Kingsmom

I recently booked our Costa Maya excursion with The Native Choice.  Per our RCI itinerary, our ship arrives at 8:00 (ship time).  Our tour with Native Choice leaves their office at 9:00 (ship time).  From what I've read on CC, and the information that the company sent me, it is quite a walk once off the ship to their office.  They also ask that we arrive at least 10 minutes early.  The only time option we were given when we booked was this early 9:00am time. 

For those who have done this, will we make it to their office on time?  I get really stressed thinking about the amount of time required to disembark and then walk there.  Thank you!

Edited by Kingsmom
  • Like 1

It's going to depend on when they begin letting you off the ship (Generally not right at 8 AM, but could dock earlier and get cleared earlier.

It's at least 10 minutes to get off the pier and through the port complex, assuming you walk steady and not linger.  Then another 5-10 to get to Native Choice.  It's 1/2 kilometer from the gate.  So unless you have mobility issues and just wait to look around port until you get back, You should be fine if you're off the ship between 8 and 8:30.   Take your phone and call them if you're running late but on your way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

It's going to depend on when they begin letting you off the ship (Generally not right at 8 AM, but could dock earlier and get cleared earlier.

It's at least 10 minutes to get off the pier and through the port complex, assuming you walk steady and not linger.  Then another 5-10 to get to Native Choice.  It's 1/2 kilometer from the gate.  So unless you have mobility issues and just wait to look around port until you get back, You should be fine if you're off the ship between 8 and 8:30.   Take your phone and call them if you're running late but on your way.

Wonderful news!  Thank you.  We have no mobility issues and I will tell my family there is no dilly dallying allowed!  Makes me feel much better.  I'm really looking forward to a visit to the ruins.  

We have mobility issues as my wife can not walk far and uses a scooter. We were a little late getting to Native Choice and their main bus had already left. They arranged for us to get there on an alternate ride and we met up and never missed a thing. Native Choice deserves 5 stars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1