Questions about Elite status, for wife only?

nicky6425

I recently crossed over the threshold to Elite status. My husband did not because they are missing one cruise for him, and he didn't' do the step up activities that I did. Will we both be able to get the benefits.....like Captain Club cocktail hour from 5 to 7? Does elite status allow me to get coffees in the cafe at any hour....or water without a package?

They should adjust his points. Elite  does not give you the coffees . You need elite plus for that. You may need to see the CC host when you board to get him a new card. You can get water during happy hour

The "loophole" or unique standard with regard to married couples is that the lower spouse inherits the higher spouse's points. It does not matter the points or if a spouse is missing one or more cruises.

If one spouse is elite and both people are married, both people are elite. This is also true up through Zenith level. In short, if your husband is missing a cruise by all means have Celebrity fix it; but, if one of you is elite, both of you are.

9 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

if one of you is elite, both of you are

Provided your Captain’s Club accounts are linked. If they aren’t linked, just call the Captain’s Club to have them linked.

I have more cruises than my husband because I did a few with my mom, hence I have more points than he does.  They upped his points to match mine so he qualified for elite the same time I did.  Now, a few years ago, that did not happen so I believe this is a recent change.  Last time our points were not the same was before COVID, now he shows the same number of points as I do even though his cruise history doesn't add up.

19 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

The "loophole" or unique standard with regard to married couples is that the lower spouse inherits the higher spouse's points. It does not matter the points or if a spouse is missing one or more cruises.

If one spouse is elite and both people are married, both people are elite. This is also true up through Zenith level. In short, if your husband is missing a cruise by all means have Celebrity fix it; but, if one of you is elite, both of you are.

Do they have to be married to each other? 😉

2 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Do they have to be married to each other? 😉

No just have the same address.  (co-habitating).

Just to be clear I don't think points are adjusted.  It's just that linked accounts show the higher point total and the CC level of the highest member.    If the accounts are ever unlinked you will show different point values again.

Some emails will have your CC points these are generally your actual point value, not the linked value.

20 hours ago, nicky6425 said:

I recently crossed over the threshold to Elite status. My husband did not because they are missing one cruise for him, and he didn't' do the step up activities that I did. Will we both be able to get the benefits.....like Captain Club cocktail hour from 5 to 7? Does elite status allow me to get coffees in the cafe at any hour....or water without a package?

You can also get complimentary specialty coffees at the Captains Club breakfast (continental type breakfast held daily) along with bloody Mary’s & mimosas at no charge.